Thread: very itchy with a side of pain

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Question very itchy with a side of pain

Ok. I looked under both hypothyroidism and lupus from a website that I frequent. Together, they make up a majority of the symptoms. If anyone can give me another idea as to what my problem is, please let me know.

• Dry, itchy eyes
    • itchy palate (having to use my tongue to scatch it, making it hurt)itchy ears (the inside of the ears itch like crazy). It feels like the itch is next to the ear drums, so I'm guessing it has to do with the itchy palate.
    • pain that moves from one limb to another (ie. One day the leg leg hurts, and the next day it's the left shoulder, and sometimes dissappears for a day just to come back later)
    • runny nose
    • sore throat after waking up (can be explained by my snoring, and the fact that my throat is dry.)

Also, about a week ago, it felt like I had a hole in the back of my palate. I put anbesol on it and the pain went away. It seems to have healed nicely as it no longer hurts, Maybe this is the reason for the itchy palate? I can deal with the pain, but the dry eyes and itches are driving me crazy.
    Last edited by wolfwhisper; 08-11-2010 at 06:24 AM.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

Thanks

Seems like I'm doing a lot of the "I've had that!" lately, maybe a yeast bloom? Have you been on antibiotics lately, or rather frequently like last spring? The itchy ears & palate, especially with the sore throat on waking up and the runny nose (which does the sore throat as you sleep). Got athlete's foot, jock itch or similar giving you trouble lately? If so, that might be it. The pain moving about probably wouldn't fit.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have Srjogrens and when my eyes are at their dryist they itch n go red,make me go insane.I have eye drops that help.I could be wrong....see what others think.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thank you guys. While I wait for others to reply to see if they might know what's going on, I was able to fix the sore throat with throat drops and the itching randomly stopped although it does show up when I sneeze or blow my nose. Also, a few hours ago, I had to take two tylenol to get rid of the beginings of a fever. I think part of the problem (explaining only the fever and sore throat) is a cold. I haven't heard of a cold causing servere pain though nor have I heard it causing dry eye and itches. I'll be sure to check everything out though. Thanks for your help
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wolfwhisper what is the hypothyroid website' addresss I'd like to go there. I've alway chalked my itchies up to nerves. Got them really bad this am though.

Hugs
    nonna

Thanks

I agree with Angel. Sjogren's can cause the dry eye, dry mouth and painful joints and muscles, among other things.
    Hugs,
    Marla