Thread: Car on the blink again

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Car on the blink again

Well no sooner did I get out of the hospital and my car went on the blink. It is the steering column. It is frozen and will not budge. Called AAA to get it off the street and into my parking spot and they won't move it, unless I was taking it directly to the shop to fix it and I can't afford that right now. I have to save up the money to fix it. So looks like I will have to have it moved by paying for the tow myself. Right now, I am madder than you know what at AAA. What good is their service if they won't move the car for me and it is inoperable? Believe me, they will get a letter from me and a piece of my mind. Can't leave it on the street because I will get a ticket every two weeks for not moving it for street sweeping. The tickets cost $65 a piece and they double if you don't pay by a certain date. This is the second time AAA would not move my car for some reason or another and I am not happy. By the way, does anybody have a better roadside service? If so, please let me know what it is so I can look into it? Thanks. When it rains, it pours!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

sorry drink,

i don't know of a better roadside service. I also have AAA, but i have never been turned down for services. Wonder if they have different policies for different parts of the country. My towing package will take me anywhere that i want, as long as it is within a certain mileage.

that excuse makes no sense....sometimes people just need to get their car home while they find the best place to take it....so narrowminded of AAA.

sorry you are getting the run-around.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

check with your car insurance carrier - they might have roadside service built into your policy.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I looked into my insurance policy. They have GMAC, but they won't insure my boyfriend. You have to be a spouse or a relative to be added to their service so that won't work for me.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

stinky.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I to have aaa and never had a problem like that maybe it is different in each state. Sorry that things are not going well and frustrating you. Keep you in my prayers. Love Bonita

Thanks

So sorry about your car trouble. I think we all take our cars for granted, until it breaks down. Well, I have a spare car you could use, for as long as you like. Just let me know if you want to use it. I will give you my address. My house is really easy to find, especially if you use Google Earth. Just make sure you type in Western Australia after my address..... Where do you live again? - OH FLIP - probably on the other side of the world. It will be cheaper for you just to buy a new car. Sorry I can't help out after all.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010