Thread: hydrogen peroxide?

Thanks

Default hydrogen peroxide?

Ok, does anybody know about using hydrogen peroxide to treat lupus? I looked it up - and it looks kind of like snake oil to me, but I have this friend who's pushing me to try it.

Thanks

Peroxide??? Never heard of that, what exactly is this friend telling you it will do???? I know you know this, but please talk to your dr before trying anything like that.
    You've really got me curious tho, I know peroxide can be used for a lot of things, but Lupus???

Thanks

For a rash?? I've heard of maybe using benzyol peroxide on a rash... Or how else would you use Hydrogen peroxide? Hmm... weird... I'm curious to know now...
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

I briefly heard that go by once as well. Sounded like they wanted you to drink it or something horridly bizzarre.

Yes, talk to your doc, research on Lupus Now or Lupus Alliance or one of the valid sites like NIH or a rheumatology physicians site.

I do some spices and vitamins and grains as part of my treatment but my doc is aware of what i'm doing. She either agrees with the protocol, or parts she just shrugs and says "well, it won't hurt you."

Remember, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

If you find out differently, however, share!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I found this website that talks about medicinal use of hydrogen peroxide:

http://www.garynull.com/Documents/Ar...roxide_Therapy

I also found this article written by someone claiming to be a doctor:

"I have had very good results treating all of the rheumatoid diseases, lupus, scleroderma and RA, using intravenous EDTA/DMSO and IV hydrogen peroxide. There have been no adverse side effects, no nausea, vomiting, hair loss, eye problems, blood dyscrasias, or other difficulties. The only side effect has been the garlic-like odor the patient has for 48 hrs. after taking the DMSO, but it isn't of great consequence. I have been using these medicqtions for more than 10 yrs. and have gotten very good results, even with patients whose kidneys have failed and were on dialysis. One patient with scleroderma had return of kidney function after 3-4 months treatment in 1984 and she is living and doing well at this time, her last IV being in 1987. This patient is only on one medication and that is blood pressure med.
    Please check into the use of these medications, EDTA, DMSO and H202, as well as the anti-amoebic Flagyl for the treatment of these diseases. Why not do as I did, give them a good trial and see what type of results you get? I would be glad to give you the protocol used for these treatments and any other information if you will just try them. These are very safe and effective medications."
    Respectfully
    Ron Davis, M.D.

In fact, there are a lot of articles on the web concerning the use of H202 in the tretment of rheumatoid diseases. However, I found none from any reputable research institute or hospital!
    Personally, I would not try any new therapy without discussing it with my doctor!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Default Agreement

Hi SaySusie,

That's pretty much what I found. Dozens of websites saying this therapy will cure everything from colds to cancer - and not one real study that I can track. That's got all the snake oil warning alarms in my head ringing. If reputable doctors have been using this since the 80s, there should be several studies on it available.

The friend who's pushing me to try it has another friend at a clinic in Texas that promotes this treatment. He's there getting treated for chronic fatigue. I've let my friend know that I'd really rather wait and see how that goes for chronic fatigue guy before trying it myself - and my friend has decided to stop pushing me for a bit. 0X

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I think it is a good plan to wait! Especially since, like you said, no doctor or hospital has printed any studies or research recommending the treatment!!

Best of luck
    Saysusie

Thanks

I did urine therapy for a while, and don't need it lately. I think whatever causes itchiness and rash promotes the growth of fungus. Urine appears to help immensely for me! I could use tolfonate based spray, but I'd rather not breath it and don't mind peeing on itchy spots in the shower before bathing.

Thanks

I would be very careful with this peroxide business...in fact...it has been found that peroxide is not the best solution for a lot of things. It is kind of like Lupus in that while it is attacking the bad...it destroys the good tissues around the bad!!! If you put it on a cut, and the skin around the cut where you put it peels and is red and irritated...what will it do inside your body??? Just MY oppinion, but I think it is great that you are researching it!!!
    ~*~Shannon~*~

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
    -Abraham Lincoln