Thread: Swollen Fingers on One Hand?

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Swollen Fingers on One Hand?

Hey all! I've noticed lately that the fingers on my right hand are swelling up. Not horribly, but enough that I notice it. I'm "slightly" flaring right now, not too terribly, but enough that I don't feel great. My right arm has started bothering me again and I keep getting this stabbing pain in the lower bone on my thumb. It's so weird! I don't understand why my fingers would swell on just the one hand. Any suggestions? TIA (((HUGS)))
    Lauren

Thanks

Hey.
    Im sorry to hear that you think your flaring up that stinks. Maybe the stabbing pain is from a pinched nerve because their is inflamation? My hands do the same thing...sometimes both of my hands fingers swell and I have a hard time moving them, sometimes just one hand hurts and is swollen, and even sometimes just one finger on one hand is swollen..It is weird.. I dont know about u, but my inflamation for the rest of my joints do that also. I will have pain in my knees for a few days, then wake up and they will feel great, but then for whatever reason my elbows will be in pain and swollen. Its like a guessing game in the morning when I wake up..Where is the pain and swelling today!? I guess i should be thankful that only a few places on my body are in pain at a time..I couldnt imagine if all of my joints hurt like this all at once!! Yowsers..it's hard enough to function already!! I hope u can nip this flair in the bud!!!! Good luck!!
    -Sarah

Thanks

New picture Sarah - nice
    Red - let us know what happens with your hands
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

I have the same thing happening to me, for about three years.
    It is mostly my right hand, it is so bad, that I cant make a fist in the morning, but gets a little better throughout the day. But my fingers can no longer touch the the inside of my hand, I can't make a closed fist.
    There is alot of pain too. The doctor said it was from the RA and crippeling fingers are coming next.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

oh joy! mine is worse the longer the day goes on. like right now, 11 am, they are only slightly stiff. most of my issues are like that, not too bad in the morning, but by the evening - just shoot me and put me out of my misery!
    Lauren

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Linda From Australia View Post
    New picture Sarah - nice
    Red - let us know what happens with your hands
    Thanks for noticing my new pic. My friend had a 1950's Birthday party..So I decided to go bombshell/pin up.. A theme party is so much fun!! Plus it makes for great pics!!
    Hope all is well with you. -Sarah

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey red,
    I have the same thing with the hands and fingers. Doesn't happen so often anymore now I'm on my wonderful cocktail of medication haha but still every now and then. My doc suggested anti inflammatories until we found out I was allergic, even something like nurofen (if u have that where u live). Because I can't take any anti inflammatories for it I just use icepacks...works a treat.
    Hope u find something that works for u.
    Take care,
    Nat

Thanks

My right hand and wrist is always more swollen and my rheumy says its because it is my dominant side and i use it more.