Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just a status update.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default just a status update.

Lately I feel like this.

~ Achy stiff joints. I swear I can tell when the rain is coming better than the weather man. The pressure on my joints increases with the severity of the storm. This sucks. It hurts and there's nothing I can really do to avoid it. Except maybe move to the desert.

~ Lungs are grabbing for air constantly. The humidity has me feeling like I have a sponge strapped to the front of my nose and in my lungs. Grabbing air is hard to do on very humid days. I don't have AC at home and it's not an option so work is a blessing with it's nice central air system constantly running. I have gotten three or four sinus infections this summer and am considering the doctors suggestion to start allergy shots as he thinks it will calm the sinus attacks.

~ I'm tired. All I want to do is sleep. Getting up is very hard. Falling asleep is hard. I am super stressed with a lot of family things that have happened in the last 2 or 3 weeks and that stress is really beginning to get to me. On top of that, I am constantly on edge that my phone will ring since my sister is due to give birth literally any moment and I feel like I have to jump in the car and run like a superhero to a crime scene. When I am sleeping, it's hard, deep, long sleep but I wake up feeling like it was a 2 minute nap and want more sleep.

~ The stomach aches and rashes and mouth sores have been coming and going all summer but are (of course) never reliable enough to be there when I have a dr appt. The dermy wants me to draw blood - ANA - because I have seriously burned two or three times even with SPF of 45 and 50 on. I haven't called the rheumy because my visible symptoms are playing peek-a-boo. I have an appt this fall. I have a feeling I will be feeling a lot better then too. Frustrating to feel like crap and look normal. For once, I would like to be able to show the doc what I mean so he knows I am not crazy or lying.

So that's what's going on. Things are busy at work, at home too. Busy is good but I am feeling drained. I am looking forward to my niece's arrival, possibly even today if the doctors decide to induce her (she'll know this afternoon). Some good news and some days to just pamper a new baby and forget my own pains are exactly what I need right now.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I'm sorry that you feel that way Sandy, sending all my love and hugs to you.<3 Just take it easy and don't stress too much over things, focus on happy things! Like the newborn baby that will be introduced to this world any time soon now.=)I'm sure it'll get your mind off things once you have the oppertunity to hold the baby in your arms.
    Hugs<33
    A butterfly is not afraid to spread it's wings.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shani For This Useful Post:

SandyR (08-05-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well and you have something to look forward to with a new baby on the way in your family. Love and prayers Bonita

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bonita For This Useful Post:

SandyR (08-05-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh my little Superhero Sandy,

You know i so identify with some of your thread.I so hope you feel more bareable soon.In the Uk we dont get that humid weather not as much as you....in fact maybe a week a year lol...always raining here so far lately. But do you have some meds for your breathing?An inhaler? Its a shame we dont have little holes at our joints so we can just put a bit of oil in them lol Oh and a HUGE button to switch us off at sleep time and a Rfresh button as well to make us wake like we slept a week lol.
    You have been so busy lately, try have some you time and rest ready for the new arrival......you must be all so excited. Thinking of you lots.
    Love
    Amanda.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel Oliver For This Useful Post:

SandyR (08-05-2010)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Sandy....come let me put my arms around you so that I can give you some comfort and understanding. {{{{hugs}}} filled with compassion

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

SandyR (08-05-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shani View Post
    I'm sorry that you feel that way Sandy, sending all my love and hugs to you.<3 Just take it easy and don't stress too much over things, focus on happy things! Like the newborn baby that will be introduced to this world any time soon now.=)I'm sure it'll get your mind off things once you have the oppertunity to hold the baby in your arms.
    Hugs<33
    Thanks Shani. The baby is definately a bright spot to focus on right now.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bonita View Post
    Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well and you have something to look forward to with a new baby on the way in your family. Love and prayers Bonita
    Thank you Bonita! Prayers are always greatly appreciated and welcomed.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Oliver View Post
    Oh my little Superhero Sandy,

You know i so identify with some of your thread.I so hope you feel more bareable soon.In the Uk we dont get that humid weather not as much as you....in fact maybe a week a year lol...always raining here so far lately. But do you have some meds for your breathing?An inhaler? Its a shame we dont have little holes at our joints so we can just put a bit of oil in them lol Oh and a HUGE button to switch us off at sleep time and a Rfresh button as well to make us wake like we slept a week lol.
    You have been so busy lately, try have some you time and rest ready for the new arrival......you must be all so excited. Thinking of you lots.
    Love
    Amanda.xxxxxx
    Amanda you're so funny b/c I think of you as a little super women. LOL. I have an inhaler, but it is really not an everyday inhaler so I only use it when I feel particularly challenged to draw breathe. It's already packed to come with me tomorrow for the baby. Oil in the joints sounds wonderful! Like the tin man. LOL. If I find a way to work that out, you will be the first one I share it with.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saysusie View Post
    Oh Sandy....come let me put my arms around you so that I can give you some comfort and understanding. {{{{hugs}}} filled with compassion

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Carlotta you are such a blessing. Thank you for the compassion filled hugs. It's so nice to be understood. {{{HUGS}}} right back at you. BTW- how was your hubby's birthday?

Thanks

WOW a new baby in the family. How exciting. Let us know when and what she has. Hopefully this will lift your mood and give you some spring in your steps.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Linda From Australia For This Useful Post:

SandyR (08-10-2010)