Thread: Increasing White Blood Cells Count

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Increasing White Blood Cells Count

I was diagnosed to have Lupus Nephritis and I am undergoing chemotherapy (cytoxan). I had my first session last August and I needed to complete the six sessions. Last September was supposed to be my 2nd session but my white blood count is way below normal that my doctor suggested that I needed to be injected with granucytes to increase my wbc. My blood pressure dropped to 70/50 and was brought to Intensive Care Unit, I lost consciousness and almost died. But I guess God has other plans for me that He gave me another chance of life. I spent 5 days at the ICU and I'm currently recovering.

My question, is there a way to increase my white blood cells without those granucytes shots? I have to wear a mask everytime and I sometimes freak out that I might catch an infection because of the low wbc. Please enlighten me, thanks.
    There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there's absolutely nothing we've done to make Him love us less... God loves us without conditions for just the way we are!

Pieces of Me!

Thanks

Default cytoxan

I'm currently also undergoing cytoxan therapy but for lupus of the brain. I know my dr. is also keeping a close eye on my wbc. I honestly don't know what the alternatives are to help improve your wbc. Maybe check with Saysusie?
    Catlady4520

Thanks

As a nurse, I know of no natural ways of doing this, other than leading as healthy a life as you can, eating well and ensuring you don't have contact with people with possible illnesses.

I know its frustrating, but chemotherapy basically kills your good cells as well as bad to treat the problem and only time after treatment will really improve your WBC.

Just do your best to stay well and I guess, if the docs suggest it, put up with injections for the short term.

Best wishes xxx

Thanks

Thanks for your replies.

That's too bad my cytoxan treatment has been put on hold twice now because of my low wbc count. The injection shots were too expensive and my doctor said that it didn't really made a difference. They put me on high dose of prednisone again in substitute for cytoxan. Its really frustrating because I want this cytoxan treatment be finished in no time.
    There is nothing we can do to make God love us more and there's absolutely nothing we've done to make Him love us less... God loves us without conditions for just the way we are!

Pieces of Me!