Thread: Anyone have "exploding" skin?

Thanks

Default Anyone have "exploding" skin?

Hey guys, any of you get strange little red lines on your skin (the longest of about 8 is 3" long, most are about 1 1/2"), with little "explosion" spots along that line, where you bleed. Almost looks like you scratched yourself, only didn't? I did blood work yesterday, and where they stuck me with the needle has a little line, sort of like you can see where the needle was in the vein. How 'bout things that look like paper cuts that bleed? I'm used to getting little "bubbles" of red on my torso, where it looks like blood vessels go nuts and just burst thru the skin, but this almost looks like I got stuck in a briar patch on my arms. My face almost looks like I'm "flushing", which is what I did when I used to take that Niacin stuff back about 2 years ago, but this is mild, to where my lips almost blend into my red face. Looks like I've got a mild sunburn. It's not my usual facial reaction, and I don't feel "awful", just run-down... I can't decide, but I might have a low-grade fever. Guess I'll look for the thermometer. I've not started any new meds for over 3 months. Would anemia manifest itself like this?... My feet and ankles are mildly swollen, but I've been on them most of the day.
    Last edited by jmail; 08-03-2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: blatant typographical errirs... my goodness!!!

Thanks

Where to begin.....I get small blisters on my scalp,small purple bruises usually on my hands,I also thought i was crazy because I would notice theese "scratch-like" marks(usually by chest/ neck/ shoulders)When those first began,long before diagnosis I thought I did it in my sleep with jewelry, so I took all jewelry off. It happened again and I realized it is almost a pattern. It is a line of "dots"...as if a pin ran across my skin lightly and scratched me, but perforated looking if that makes any sense? I don't run to the MD for any of this because I can't stand the "hmmmm..thats odd"..or "oh it's the Lupus"...they usually aren't bothersom so I just deal. One more symptom for the list..lol
    Andrea

Thanks

My scalp has been awful lately, more-so than usual, and I get those wierd "bruises" too... I'm seeing the pcp and the hematologist both next Monday, so maybe I'll take a picture or two for "show-and-tell"... lol

Thanks

The pic is a great idea..I know when it's time to go to the rheumy..I never have any of the "crazy stuff". Good luck with the doc's!
    Andrea

Thanks

Thanks. I've mysteriously "healed" overnight while I "slept"... *really* wierd. I can still see some of the signs, and two of the spots still have a bit of "scab", but my arm got redder or something overnight, like a mild sunburn on a tan, and you can't hardly see the other marks... I can see the doc now: "Uh-huh, and you say, these "sort-of" spots just all of a sudden came up one day, and were practically gone the next?... hmmm... " lolol