Thread: Plaquenil

Thanks

Default Plaquenil

Hi all

New here with some Plaquenil questions.

Does Plaquenil aid in strengthening the skin? my skin is very thin and fragile at the moment.

Does it aid in calming inflammation re blood vessels?

Thank you

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Shantelle,

Plaquenil ...yes if im right it does. There are other posts all about this med, im on it too.Let me try find it and i'll bring it to the top of the list so you can read it.

love Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Thanks for your help It doesn't look like there is much info on Lupus or autoantibodies effecting blood vessels. I rang the Derm but he is overseas, so another Derm called back to assist me and he says Plaquenil 'should' have an impact on lessening blood vessel inflammation (flushing/redness) from 6-8 weeks in on treatment. In June I was tested for connective tissue disease and I got a positive anti-dsDNA test. Can't find anything on Plaquenil having positive effect on strengthening the skin unfortunetly :-( Mine is so delicate and fragile so was just hoping to hear that Plaquenil would aid in that aspect...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Why dont you message Saysusie here as she may be able to help you more than i as she is far more knowledgeable than me.Yes i know it helps the rashes just unsure about the stregthening part.Sorry to hear you are going through this. Keep posting members will all come n post soon to help you,a few are away at the mo.How has your week been? I hope you have a restful weekend too.
    love
    Amanda.xxxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx