Thread: KISS concert! =)

Thanks

Smile KISS concert! =)

So my family went to the KISS concert that was in town on Friday and it was AMAZING!!! =) I had a great time. Its been a fun filled weekend. And the last week of my class is finally here.

I got a call today asking if I wanted to be involved in some study at Childrens today. And the girl on the phone told me she was just filling in for someone. Which is probably why Im confused as to what Im doing lol but the doc in charge is supposed to be calling me tomorrow. Sounds interesting none the less.

On a side note, does anyone ever get HORRIBLE jaw pain? Cuz my jaw has been killing me all week and it has hurt before but not this much or all the time. Its making my ear hurt. I dont feel sick though. Driving me nuts.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That's so cool you got to go to a KISS concert, I'm glad you had a good time!
    A study? Hmm...Be sure to tell us what kind it is, curious here too.

I always get jaw pain, both sides. It hurts to chew sometimes, and often it hurts to laugh, smile and yawn. It will get "stuck" and I have to rub it for quite a long time until I feel a little pop and the pain subsides. But when it doesn't go away, it shoots up both sides of my face up to my ears and sometimes I don't even want to talk. I do have Arthritis in my jaw though, it was discovered when I was getting my teeth cleaned.
    You going to tell your doctor?

Thanks

Hunniebun, have they ever checked you for TMJ? Same for you, ritzbit. That's where there's been some form of damage to the temporomandibular joint (the jaw and skull junction). Sometimes, there's scarring on the tendons, and when you open/close the jaw, the tendon "catches" and causes the "pop" that you hear. Quite a few of your facial & neck nerves, including ocular, go thru the area and can be impacted. Symptoms (besides jaw pain) can range the gamut of mild to severe headaches, tingling in the hands (pad & pinky finger), and (in my case) seeing bright lights flashing "before your eyes".

There are, of course, other things that can cause jaw pain, such as a cavity in a tooth, infection in the area, wisdom teeth coming in, etc... Pinched nerves in the neck and heart problems can also cause it, but would have other symptoms.

That's a riot, ritzbit, that you saw KISS in concert... 1975 for me... lolol - "I, want to rock 'n' roll, all night, and buddy ev-er-y day!" lolol

Blog Entries
    Thanks

KISS is awesome! Do you watch his show? He cracks me up!

I get jaw pain too from time to time. Seems I grind my teeth in my sleep.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunniebun View Post
    It will get "stuck" and I have to rub it for quite a long time until I feel a little pop and the pain subsides. But when it doesn't go away, it shoots up both sides of my face up to my ears and sometimes I don't even want to talk. I do have Arthritis in my jaw though, it was discovered when I was getting my teeth cleaned.
    You going to tell your doctor?
    That is EXACTLY how mine is! Only its just on the right side. And whenever it hurts REALLY bad is when my headaches give me a hard time. I will definately look into this TMJ jmail thank you cuz from what you just said thats exactly what it is like.