Thread: Lupine "Wolf" Diagnosed with Lupus and MCTD

Thanks

Unhappy Lupine "Wolf" Diagnosed with Lupus and MCTD

Hi there, I'm thrilled to find this site. I am a 44 year old female. I have been diagnosed with Lupus (non-SLE) and MCTD. This diagnosis came a couple of years after my Breast Cancer diagnosis and bi-lateral mastectomy. I had a regular visit at my Oncologist and at the time had a slight rash on my neck, low fever and extremely sore throat (I get these frequently but it is my entire neck that is sore in addition to throat, been called Mucousitis). She ran a battery of tests becuase she didn't like the rash. The call I received from her was I had a positive/high ANA level, and she said "you have Lupus sweetie" then referred me to a Rheumy. I have had suspicions for years and had been tested in the past but it always came back negative. For about a year or so when I was 20 whenever I went to the beach I would get these huge hives that covered my entire body, needless to say I stopped going but it never happened again when I went into the sun later on. As a kid I was always sick with very strange things; I had mono 2 times which is not really common. I had brucolosis which is very rare (they call it the meat cutters disease, I had been playing with a goat at Linon Country Safari). Many horrible strep throat episodes. Once, I had many lumps in my leg. My mom took me to the doctor, I had a biopsy and they came back with "she is allergic to the strep germ"-odd. At 20 I had my spleen removed as a result of a car accident. I've had 2 knee surgiers. So, I've had lots of medical stuff for some time. The final straw for me was having to have my implants removed because I kept getting infections (my body rejected, Lupus perhaps?) and then this diagnosis. I have awful fatigue and get all of these annoying pains, swollen sore lymph nodes, leg pains, the list goes on and on. The last surgery and diagnosis have paralyzed me. I feel guilyt, I feel I'm slothful becuase its all I can do to work Mon-Fri, and I work from home but, its a stressful job with a large .com company. I have become a shut in, so angry, depressed, I look ahead at my future and become very scared thinking if I feel like this now, how will I feel 10 years from now, will I be able to work? Will my heart give out (I do have heart damage after a stress test - scar tissue from perhaps inflamation of the lining of the heart, who knows). I cannot get past this - I've gotten through so many things but now I'm just stuck. So, finding a support group is something I need. Is there a chat room?

Thanks for reading my rambling. I choose the name Lupine which means Wolf and I happen to have a fondness for wolves, kinda ironic to have Lupus LOL.

Looking for friends to help me out with this, I don't know what to do anymore and my depression and emotions are all over the map.
    Last edited by Lupine; 08-01-2010 at 10:49 AM.

Thanks

All the folks here are great, Lupine. A big "Hi" from this part of the world. Look around at all the "stickies" they have at the top of the different forum sections, and you'll find all sorts of very useful info. My brain ain't here today, else I'd have some thoughtful, empathetic phrase for you just now... As it is, I can't hardly get the fingers to type right now... lolol Best wishes, and "welcome to the forum".

Thanks

Hi Lupine,

Welcome to WHL.
    You already went through alot, hopefully things will get better for you.
    You said that you where looking for friends, let me tell you, you got them, we are all friends here.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Lupine,

You will make many friends here my friend and im so glad you found us.You have been through such allot,but this is the beginning.Many members here have different illness's,some diagnosed with lupus, some still going through the motions (me) but everyone are very kind and caring and will help you with anything you need.Many of us suffer with depression and anxiety,insomnia which comes with the pain and suffering through illness.Keep strong my friend....we are all here for you now.Keep posting.We have a new feature now ....CHATBOX...go to the top of the page and click chatbox full and you can chat to people if they are online at the same time as you.Just say hello and if anyones on they'll chat with you.
    Take care n welcome.
    love
    Amanda.xxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

We are so happy that you are here. You will, most certainly, find friends here and be amongst others who totally understand, who are completely sympathetic, and who want to help you as much as we can.
    Your story is so familiar to so many of us, you will find that someone here has experienced what you are dealing with and is willing to give you advice, comfort, and support.
    Again..I am so glad that you found us! Welcome to our family.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!