Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm back :( :)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default I'm back :( :)

Hi everybody,

How are you all doing? I haven't posted on here for a while because I went to Montreal, Quebec for 12 days and had the BEST time of my LIFE!!! It was SO GOOD. I went to visit my best friend, and god...I LOVE HIM, soooo much. Going home was so hard, I did not want to come back at all and I still don't want to be here, but it's for the best for now, as I have some responsibilities I need to take care of here, and he's back in university full time anyway in september, so being apart is still better for now. Seeing each other once a year is better than not at all, plus there is the wonderful magic of Skype. I want to move ha, I really dislike BC after experiencing what that province has to offer instead. Plus the HST tax we have no and the really high cost of food and the very LITTLE money I get off welfare (they shrank it to 527 bucks this month, its supposed to be $610, how the @#%! do you live off that?) I just might move.

The city is absolutely beautiful, minus the traffic congestion and crazy drivers who don't follow any rules and I swear do as they please. I was born and raised in the country and I am not a city person at all, but this place is really easy to get used to and feel comfortable in, I've been there twice in a row now and will go back every summer as long as I can afford it. Pretty much everything is in French, from building signs to pamphlets to road signs, which is fine for me because I can read all of it, its just the speaking I have a bit of a problem with. I started learning French in kindergarten (songs, the alphabet, etc) and started taking official classes (speech, spelling) from grade 5 to grade 9 but when you don't use it much (we don't need to here in British Columbia) you lose it! Thankfully since I started early, I'm pretty sure with refresher classes, I can bring most of it back and use it again.
    Everybody there pretty much is billingual so you don't need to panic, but anything I couldn't understand or respond back to, my BF took over.
    I have a lot of pictures but they are way too big to post on here, but MAN it was so nice there, so many different kinds of shops and places to eat, 300 year old buildings in Old Montreal, you need weeks and weeks of time to be able to see everything, after being there twice now, I STILL haven't seen it all. The Saint Laurence river is breathtaking too, oh and I went to JUSTE POUR RIRE (Just For Laughs) stand up comedy show in the 4th row in the front!!! Right infront of the stage, right under the comedians. He bought us tickets, it was so crazy and fun, and of course hilarious!
    The best part and the whole point of it all was seeing Danny, seeing the city again was just a bonus, but not necessary because I just wanted to see him, can you tell I'm in love? lol I already miss him and have cried quite a few times.

Oh yeah, I saw my Rheum the day before I went, and I'm starting to like him less now...He doesn't seem to listen as well as he has the last few times, and just seems to push pills on me instead and has no answers to my questions besides "I don't know" or "it could be related to this" and worst of all, he still won't diagnose me with something. He keeps saying I have "signs of RA, Lupus and Sjogrens" but says I don't have any one of them, so WTF do I have? WHAT do you call it?!! First it was MCTD, now it has no name again? Anyways whatever, I am still applying for provincial disability and I have a legal advocate who is going to help me fill out the whole thing and word it properly and if I get denied she will appeal for me. If I get on it I am going to look and see if I can stay on it and be transferred to live in another province.
    But yeah I've been having horrible leg cramps, unexplained bruising on my legs still (I just had a blood test for that to see if they can find out why) I asked for that blood test, because there HAS to be a reason, he can't just shrug his shoulders. I DON'T bump myself, I wake up with these bruises all the time, so come on, and they hurt too and look ugly. My veins swell up like they're being pumped with helium too and it hurts, he just dismissed that as well, saying it can all be related to what's going on with me...Ok, so, names? Reasons why it happens? Give me something! Stupid doctors...He kept me on the chloroquine, told me to cut down my prednisone to half a 5mg tablet (which I don't think I'll do), and told me to take calcium for the leg cramps and just sent me on my way like he was in a hurry, yet the office was completely empty. I also tried talking about the issues Ive been having with my bursitis and he barely even looked my way and just said again to keep taking the pills. There's only so many Rheum's you can see in this area, do I really have to look for a third?

Anyway sorry,
    Now I need to catch up on some reading on the forum!

Thanks

Sounds like you had an awesome trip! I've never been to Montreal, but I would LOVE to visit, I've heard it's wonderful. I live in the states (Michigan - right across the river from Windsor actually) and I took french classes from 7th-12th grade, even when on a trip to France for 2 weeks my last year in high school. It was amazing. Trying to convince my husband to go back with me, I would love to enjoy Paris at my own pace and with the love of my life =) You're so right though about speaking the language, if you don't use it, you lose it. I can still read it pretty well, and I was always great at writing it, but my vocabulary is horrid.. I mix up words and stuff. There's a friend that I work with who is pretty fluent, he's taken college courses quite recently and so he tries to get me to talk to him in French when we can.. It's kinda fun sometimes, especially if we're talking about something we don't want anyone else listening in on.. and it keeps it fresh.

Ahh, reminiscing =) I love the French language and culture. I think you definitely should work on moving if you two are serious. Having a good support system, I think, plays a huge part in keeping our health in check. Good luck with your disability application and all that. Keep us posted.

P.S. If you do have pics of Montreal that you can load, I'd love to see them!
    Shannon
    Divorced
    Registered Nurse
    Proud Momma to an 8 month old kitten. She was on death's door when I found her and now she growing up into a beautiful cat, she's my baby.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...
    The courage to change the things I can...
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well, he is in unversity full time so we don't have that much time for each other anyway, career's are very important, we're both very supportive of each other and can just wait and not rush, best not to smother each other you know? I'd love to live with him but now is not the time, so even if I did decide to move over there, I'd live alone and be fine with it. Thing is I'd only want to move if I can live off disability there, because I can't work, and even if I could, it's very hard to find a job if you are not fully fluent in French. Danny is fluent in French but prefers English and uses English way more (started learning it when he was 9), he doesn't use French unless he needs to and is actually forgetting some of it, so when he is done with university (he is gathering his pre-reqs for Pharmacy school at the only english university they have there) he'll have to leave because there are no english pharmacy schools. As beautiful as Quebec is, if you're not fluent, its difficult to have much of a life there and its very limited because they are working so hard to irradicate english all together. So if I can't live there, I'll try Ontario next, really want to be on the east side, I've been on the west my whole life and it's time to go.

I guess I'll have to shrink these pictures and then figure out how to post them, I'm not sure where to do that on the site yet.
    Last edited by Hunniebun; 07-31-2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

Thanks

Such a refreshing story to read about - It sounds like a movie, or a novel: Keep us informed Hunniebun.

Love Endures

Refreshed by an annual pilgrimage from opposite ends of the country
    Strengthened through sickness, studies and separation
    Tears, laughter, attraction
    Government bureaucracy
    Will love endure?

Follow this thread for the next series….
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh haha...I don't think it sounds like a movie or a story. It's just about doing what's best and logical for life you know? I was in a horrible relationship before and I have learned a lot from it so I will not make those mistakes again nor do I want to be in that situation again. I am not going to run off to this guy just like that, as wonderful as he is and as much as I love him, we need to do what's best for us and our lives and our futures FIRST, so we can perhaps combine our futures and be together later on too, if that makes sense? You know, a solid foundation to walk on for each of us, then we can share our lives together if we still want to do so.
    As for moving, that's about me and my personal choice, I'm not moving for him. Being closer to him would be nice, but I had this dream in my head before I met him.
    lol as for following this thread...I think you guys will be bored! My life isn't very interesting.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've added some photo's, sorry I'm not in any of them, I never like the way I look so I try my best not to be in pictures. I uploaded them in backwards order too, oops, and if anybody has any questions on what is what, just comment on the photo and I can tell you.

Thanks

The pictures are awesome, I love the architecture!
    Shannon
    Divorced
    Registered Nurse
    Proud Momma to an 8 month old kitten. She was on death's door when I found her and now she growing up into a beautiful cat, she's my baby.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...
    The courage to change the things I can...
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That's Old Montreal, those buildings are 300 years old, and are not allowed to be changed on the outside.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

sounds like you had a wonderful time. good for you! Danny sounds great too. How did you meet him?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

About 2 years ago playing online over the Playstation 3. Last year when I went to visit my great aunt and uncle who live in Montreal with my step-sister, I met him at the same time. I had already "known" him for almost a year via gaming, msn and skype, just had to add the physical presence to make the "knowing each other" complete and that was it. When we met it was not like it was for the first time at all. He's the same age as me, born the same year and our birthdays are 10 days apart.
    Not everybody on the net is scarey, it has its dangers, but sometimes people just need to chill about it. Heck my dad got remarried last year and he met his wife over facebook. Nobody has attacked me, I just get pre-defensive about it before anyone has the chance to try to tell me its something very stupid to do, cuz it wasn't and I am SO happy I found this person.