Thread: I some one could please help me?

Thanks

Default I some one could please help me?

Hi my name is Chrissy, I am a 26 year old mom to 2 kids. Here is my story, if someone could please tell me if this sounds anything like Lupus that would be great...

When my son was 4 months old (about a year and a half ago) I woke up one morning with a VERY stiff neck then it got a little better my muscles in my arms got stiff (like I had worked out very hard the day before, but I hadnt) and then when they started getting better my abdomen muscles got very sore and then I think my leg muscles got very sore too (or maybe they didnt, I cant remember, but I do remember my abdomen muscles, arm and neck for sure). After that got better I had no other symptoms. I just thought it was some weird fluke sort of thing. I didnt feel sick or tired and my joints didnt ache.

About 7 months ago I had some strange dizzy spell. It was an isolated incident so I didnt think anything of it.

5 months ago (when my son was about 17 months old) I finally got my period back which is normal since I have been breastfeeding him this whole time. My first period back was fine, 2nd was on time but I had spotting in between, 3rd was 10 days late and a week after that I started experiencing horrible chest pains that was diagnosed as Costochondritis which is a inflammation of the cartilage in the chest wall because it hurt when I would push on my sternum. (this was 2 1/2 months ago).

Shortly after that my muscles all started twitching (I chalked that up to stress since I was so extrememly worried about the chest issue). One muscle on my shoulder didn't stop twitching for 3 weeks straight.

Then my jaw started hurting and having extreme head pressure and pain behind my right eye. That eventually turned into a day of extreme itchiness. I have most of the symptoms of TMJ. I chalked that up to stress over the twitching and chest pain that still comes and goes.

Then I noticed my right side of the neck was swollen looking and my right clavical is also swollen.

I went to the ER they did a chest CT, x-ray, neck CT, head CT and complete blood work up and EVERY thing was completely normal

I have visited an infectious disease dr. 2 cardiologists, a general practioner, and an internal med. dr. and all of them said I am fine but just have too much anxiety.

I am now starting to have joint pain and the same muscle pain feeling like I did when my son was 4 months old.

Oh and my periods since have come on time but still spotting in between, and this last period I kept spotting up to day 12.

Does my progression of symptoms sound ANYTHING like lupus? I know I have simialr symptoms but I am not sure about how things start and come about.

And since my chemistry profile on my CBC is normal and my coagulation is normal is it still possible to have lupus?

I have not received any specific testing for lupus such as the ANA (is that the right one?) or any other tests like it.

Thanks to you guys if you read all of this and took the time to respond.

I am a mess. My mother died when I was very young and I am so depressed thinking that I am going to do the same to my daughter and son

Symptoms:
    Chest pain that comes and goes
    Menstral irregularities
    Dizzyness that comes and goes
    Muscle pain
    VERY MILD joint pain
    Neck pain (I keep wanting to pop my neck, which I think I have now caused it to be stiff from constantly popping my neck)
    Jaw pain that comes and goes
    I had a mouth sore that came and went the other day
    Pain on the arches of my feet that comes and goes
    Swollen lymph node in my groin (right side)

Thanks

Oh also I started having belly issues (lots of gas and bloating and going more often and slight abdominal pain) and noticing a lot of floaters in my eyes. Also during the same time I had the small mouth sore on my inner cheek I woke up the next morning and it felt like I had a right at the opening of one of my nostrils but I wasnt able to see anything but it just hurt like a pimple would in that location. it was strange. and then went away after about a day or two. that was only like 3 days ago.

I know that one one here can tell me if I have lupus or not... but if you could at least tell me well it does sound like how some of the people I have met/seen on here presented OR no I have never heard of/seen anyone present this way before or very rarely.

Thanks

I copied this information from the Lupus Foundation of America: http://www.lupus.org/newsite/index.html
    I hope this will help you to understand Lupus a bit better:

What are the Symptoms of Lupus

Because lupus can affect so many different organs, a wide range of symptoms can occur. These symptoms may come and go, and different symptoms may appear at different times during the course of the disease.

The most common symptoms of lupus, which are the same for females and males, are:

extreme fatigue (tiredness)
    headaches
    painful or swollen joints
    fever
    anemia (low numbers of red blood cells or hemoglobin, or low total blood volume)
    swelling (edema) in feet, legs, hands, and/or around eyes
    pain in chest on deep breathing (pleurisy)
    butterfly-shaped rash across cheeks and nose
    sun- or light-sensitivity (photosensitivity)
    hair loss
    abnormal blood clotting
    fingers turning white and/or blue when cold (Raynaud’s phenomenon)
    mouth or nose ulcers
    Many of these symptoms occur in other illnesses besides lupus. In fact, lupus is sometimes called "the great imitator" because its symptoms are often like the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, blood disorders, fibromyalgia, diabetes, thyroid problems, Lyme disease, and a number of heart, lung, muscle, and bone diseases.

To help the doctors diagnose lupus, a list of 11 common criteria, or measures, was developed by the American College of Rheumatology (ACR). ACR is a professional association of rheumatologists. These are the doctors who specialize in treating diseases of the joints and muscles, like lupus. If you have at least four of the criteria on the list, either at the present time or at some time in the past, there is a strong chance that you have lupus.

Malar rash – a rash over the cheeks and nose, often in the shape of a butterfly
    Discoid rash – a rash that appears as red, raised, disk-shaped patches
    Photosensitivity – a reaction to sun or light that causes a skin rash to appear or get worse
    Oral ulcers – sores appearing in the mouth
    Arthritis – joint pain and swelling of two or more joints in which the bones around the joints do not become destroyed
    Serositis – inflammation of the lining around the lungs (pleuritis) or inflammation of the lining around the heart that causes chest pain which is worse with deep breathing (pericarditis)
    Kidney disorder – persistent protein or cellular casts in the urine
    Neurological disorder – seizures or psychosis
    Blood disorder – anemia (low red blood cell count), leukopenia (low white blood cell count), lymphopenia (low level of specific white blood cells), or thrombocytopenia (low platelet count)
    Immunologic disorder – abnormal anti-double-stranded DNA or anti-Sm, positive antiphospholipid antibodies
    Abnormal antinuclear antibody (ANA)
    People with lupus also may experience symptoms that do not appear among the ACR criteria:

fever (over 100° F)
    extreme fatigue
    hair loss
    fingers turning white and/or blue when cold (Raynaud’s phenomenon)
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Thanks

Thank you... I have read this. I guess I will just wait for the dr. appt for him to hopefully do some more blood tests.

Sorry to bother you guys. I am just so crazy worried.

Chrissy

Thanks

It oculd point to Lupus, but of course it's really hard to diagnose.I've experienced all the stress of not knowing what was wrong myself.Took like 2 years..since 25th June I finally know that I have Sle and a few others things.

But anywho, have you or are you going to visit a Rheumatologist?Those are the ones who will do more special bloodwork such as ANA and Lupus factors, ....Possibly more tests, depending on what your issues are.
    A butterfly is not afraid to spread it's wings.