Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scariest week ever!!

Thanks

What kind of anemia do you have, Sarah2010? I'm mildly IgG and IgM low. One of those two (the IgG??) has numbers 2 and 4. It's a sitch where you can't fight-off infections, and have to go to the doc at the first sign of a sinus infection or head cold... Sort of scary, but at least I don't have to do the transfusions (and I hope NOT to have to)... Sorry to hear of the ordeal, but glad your feeling better, and strong-willed about the meds... lol

Thanks

Hey JMail,
    Im not sure what type of anemia i have. I'll ask the doctor next check up..I actually didn't know that their was more than one type. Whatever the type I have...I think its the one where my body can't fight off infection. Because before i went to the hospital, I was fighting a sinus infection and the FLu at home with antibiotcs..and my little body just wasnt cutting it...so........I guess i'll have to learn more about anemia....I did have steak for dinner tonight( it was delicious)...I'm not the steak type...but im gonna get that iron up and keep it up if its the last thing I do!!
    -Sarah

Thanks

Spinach... ee-yuck - but I eat it now... lol

Thanks

Wanted to let u all know that my biopsy report came back NORMAL today!!!! YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! Woot woot!!!! Im so happy!!!

Thanks

I love the oil change analogy! I seriously laughed out loud, & my dog looked at me strange... but hey.

I'm so glad to hear you're feeling better after that crazy week, I can definitely understand why you were so scared.
    I tend to be pretty stubborn myself, I think maybe we all are because most of us go so long having docs telling us there's nothing wrong that we get so used to just trudging through and making due. Once I got my diagnosis, I was alot like you, thinking I could make due without meds. Even now, it's hard for me to look back and see how far I've come because I still have more bad days than good, but on the really bad days, it's easier to see just how much better I had been feeling up until that point (if that makes sense).

It's a long road, but I'm hoping for some consistent good days in the future, for myself and all of my lupie friends here, too. =)
    Shannon
    Divorced
    Registered Nurse
    Proud Momma to an 8 month old kitten. She was on death's door when I found her and now she growing up into a beautiful cat, she's my baby.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning how to dance in the rain.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...
    The courage to change the things I can...
    And the wisdom to know the difference.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sarah, glad your scary week is over. Rest up and stay healthy. I'm celebrating your biopsy results with you.

Nonna
    twitch. Twitch

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Geeze Sarah, I am sorry that happened and glad that you are alright now! The same kind of thing happened to me back when I was 16 years old, almost all my white blood cells were wiped out, was seizuring right there in the ER, I nearly lost my life and they had no idea why back then, I was in the hospital for a week or so.
    I've never had a blood transfusion though.

Good that your biopsy is normal, and keep on those medications!

Thanks

Hey Jmail...

I went to the Dr the other day...turns out I have autoimmune hemolytic anemia...I dont know too much about it, but I know that it causes my red blood cells to burst, thats why they disappear so quickly....I am still learning about it...
    -Sarah
    P.S. It was cloudy and overcast here yesterday, so I finally got to go outside and get some exercise...I got in the pool and stretched my achy joints, and took one lap around my house and yard....I didnt move mountains, lol..but I did get moving!!! It felt good I was exhausted afterwards..I have a LONG ay to go....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah2010 View Post
    Linda, one more thing...I had a transfusion because my blood count was wayyyyy super low and couldnt be corrected with just iron supplements fast enough... I am taking iron pills in adition to the transfusion also. Maybe talk to your doctor about it, it might be the boost you kneed to get you on the healing path..I swear by it!!! Its like getting your oil changed...everything is just running better..lol..
    Also, now that I feel so strongly about blood transfusions and how important they are, I was on the red cross web stie, and am looking to host a blood drive in my community!!! Im feeling super proactive!!!! I want more people to get involved with something as easy and important as donating blood! Of course I wont be donating...but I will serve refreshments C'mon lets join together and do some good for our community and others!!! YAY BLOOD!!!
    I am glad, that the transfusion made feel so much better.
    Here is an idea for your blood drive, put up a big sign that reads:

HUMAN OIL CHANGE HERE.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah2010 View Post
    Hey Jmail...

I went to the Dr the other day...turns out I have autoimmune hemolytic anemia...I dont know too much about it, but I know that it causes my red blood cells to burst, thats why they disappear so quickly....I am still learning about it...
    -Sarah
    P.S. It was cloudy and overcast here yesterday, so I finally got to go outside and get some exercise...I got in the pool and stretched my achy joints, and took one lap around my house and yard....I didnt move mountains, lol..but I did get moving!!! It felt good I was exhausted afterwards..I have a LONG ay to go....
    Oh wow, I have had hemolytic anemia. I will tell you my story later tonight, it's a long story. I have to go to work now.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).