Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drs. Don't Care

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Drs. Don't Care

Well it has been 6 weeks since the stent was placed in my body and I still don't have a surgery date for blasting the kidney stone. The bureaucracy and the Drs. don't care. I am in a lot of pain and when I try to get something done the Drs. office tells me to go to emergency. Well pills don't cut it and that is what the emergency room would do for me. I need the lithotripsy procedure done. The lithotripsy is the procedure to have the kidney stone blasted. I have had to contact a lawyer whom I am waiting for a call back from and also my country supervisor. The county administers the medical program I am on. All I get is the runaround. It is so frustrating. I just don't know what to do anymore. I have tried to do everything I can to get this surgery scheduled. I just sit here and cry. Thanks for letting me vent.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

(((((((hug)))))))

Thanks

Hi DOW, I am sorry, that you have to go through this.
    Most of us had one or more, none caring doctor, it is frustrating, I know.
    But I do believe, that there are good, caring doctors out there, we just have to find them.
    I hope you'll feel better soon.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh DOW thats awful to be in so much pain and having to wait so long.I so hope the appt for surgery come really soon.Wish i had a solution,but just hang in there n keep posting.We all care,you know that.
    love n gentle hugs
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I often wonder if we could magically make our doctors live with our pain for a few days, would they continue to be so dismissive to us? Since they, themselves, are not living with this type of pain, day in and day out, it does not bother them at all to ignore us.
    I think that, by this time, I would be screaming on the telephone and/or showing up in their office demanding that something be done, other than passing me off to the emergency room.
    I hope that your attorney and/or the County is able to help you get some response and action. In the meantime, I am sending you gentle {{hugs}}

Peace and Blessing
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Say Susie, I was on the telephone screaming at the office of the County Medical Director of the County Hospital. Also, I got in contact with the Board of Supervisors who run the hospital and told my supervisor's office my story. Someone must have done something because I finally have a surgery date, August 4th. I am scared to death though because they have left this stent in me for 6 weeks now. It should only have been left in a week or two at the most. I hope I don't have complications when they take it out after the stone passes. It may affect my urinary and reproductive system. I just don't trust these urologists far enough to shake a stick. Just because they are Drs. doesn't mean they are good ones. Only time will tell what the outcome of this will be.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

way to go drink,

sorry you had to scream into the phone, but i am so glad that your surgery has been scheduled. i will keep my fingers crossed that no damage has been done by the stent being in for so long.

sending you gentle hugs.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow Drink, I'm glad you got your surgery date, but I can't believe they left the stent in so long when its not even good for someone? That's terrible. I hope everything will go well for you. *hug*

Blog Entries
    Thanks

wow DOW, that is terrible. I am glad you got some results, but what a horrible thing for those meanies to put you through. I hope surgery runs smoothly for you and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well I went to the Urgent Care on Tuesday. I had the symptoms of a UTI again and I was right. I had burning and a terrible bearing down sensation when urinating. They found bacteria in the urine. Wednesday I had the surgery and I am now recuperating from that. They say they broke up the stone. I have not seen it pass yet. I heard it can take awhile, maybe even months. I still have the stent in me. The Dr. would not take it out yet. He said because I have an infection and because of my urinary output. I see him in another week. I hope they take it out then. I have two different stories on the removal of the stent. The P.A. said it could be done in the office. Another person said it has to be taken out in the hospital under general anesthesia. So, I don't know how they remove it. I need to get a straight story on this. At least, I don't have nausea anymore.