Thread: Rash and the Sun

Thanks

Unhappy Rash and the Sun

I always put on 90 SPF when I go outside or go to the pool. And 3/4 of the time this is still what my face looks like. Does anyone else get it all over their face like this in blotches? It really bothers me. Nothing covers it up nicely. I dont really enjoy going to the pool like I used to now becuz I know that my face will probably end up looking like a red puffy mess. None of that is acne or sun burn either.

DSCF5302.jpgDSCF5294.jpgDSCF5305.jpgDSCF5287.jpgDSCF5300.jpg

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Looks like you may have to surrender to the shade like me. I get red line with white blotches it looks really weird. So I stay did the shade or inside now. Going to the pool isn't fun anymore. Who wants to get in and out real fast? Oh well we learn to deal.
    Nonna
    twitch. Twitch

Thanks

You poor thing, I can see in your face, that you are fed up with this.
    Unfortunately there is no other solution to this, you will have to stay out of the sun.
    I know, it sucks.
    Do you get this rash anywhere else?
    I wish there was something else I could suggest, but there isn't.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Hi, have to agree, its the shade I'm afraid. No matter how much sun block, it will still happen unfortunately. It's not good news, but thats what this disease does. Take care x
    mabeljane

Thanks

I dont get it anywhere else. And I can go out some times and just get a little red on my cheeks and other times it looks like that, big spots all over and not just on my cheeks. I wasnt feeling good yesterday so its probably my fault for going out anyway and staying out as long as I did.

Thanks

They make uv protective swimwear to cover the whole body, it aint cheap. I have a wet suit, actually 2 of them, a 7mil and a 3/2 mil, from my diving days, I look kinda silly wearing a wet suit in the pool but what the heck, I have learned not to worry about that any more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonna View Post
    Looks like you may have to surrender to the shade like me. I get red line with white blotches it looks really weird. So I stay did the shade or inside now. Going to the pool isn't fun anymore. Who wants to get in and out real fast? Oh well we learn to deal.
    Nonna
    twitch. Twitch
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

All I can say is lupus sucks! This should not happen to any of us but especially pretty young woman your age. I feel for you. Hugs and God bless. Jim.
    Quote Originally Posted by ritzbit View Post
    I always put on 90 SPF when I go outside or go to the pool. And 3/4 of the time this is still what my face looks like. Does anyone else get it all over their face like this in blotches? It really bothers me. Nothing covers it up nicely. I dont really enjoy going to the pool like I used to now becuz I know that my face will probably end up looking like a red puffy mess. None of that is acne or sun burn either.

DSCF5302.jpgDSCF5294.jpgDSCF5305.jpgDSCF5287.jpgDSCF5300.jpg
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3