Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for info.......

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cheryl,

I hope you feel better soon. I think you should add at least 2 weeks to that recovery. Our bodies aren't "normal" to begin with, so why should they follow "normal" timelines for processes like healing??? Do like Angel said and do what you can when you can and if you can't do it, take a minute or two to just sit. I can remember teaching preschool with eleven 3 and 4 year olds. I know just what you mean about how busy it is, but thankfully, there are things to give us brief rests like movie time and story time and play dough time and the most fabulous one of all - NAP TIME. (((HUGS)))
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Smile

Hey SandyR,

Thanks for reminding me of the ways to take breaks. So used to rushing to get my house work done during those quiet times (I run a home day-care). I think I'll just sit and have my older kids just help more.

thanks again..........CV
    Cheryl

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Cheryl thats fab news.And i bet you feel better hearing it from the doctor what everyone hear said.Hope you had a nice day and woooooooow he has grown hasnt he lol.

Lots of love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi cheryl,

i had the surgery in april, and was quite sore for several weeks. My ribs were sore, probably from pressure, and the incensions took a long time to heal - still have some residual marks that i am waiting to dissappear.

as far as eating normal again....i still can't. I have to be very very careful with fat intake, and the amount of food that i eat. I have to keep my meals small, or i spend several agonizing minutes in the bathroom. My dr. said to be careful and watch the digestive issues.....but, it is helping me get some of the steroid weight off, so i don't mind it too much.

Don't know if the recovery time is exaggerated by lupus or my immune suppressent medication (methotrexate), but it makes sense that the meds would slow down the healing time,
    Phyllis

share a smile today