Thread: new here....to help a friend

Thanks

Default new here....to help a friend

Hi,
    I'm new to this site. I don't have lupus myself, my sister-in-law does.
    She has been struggling for the past year or so and finally got a diagnosis a few months ago, they have just told her a couple of weeks ago she has rheumatiod arthritis as well??!!
    As a chronic disease sufferer myself I know how helpful these forums can be in dealing with your disease, and how vital knowledge and support can be!! So I just thought I would check this place out and maybe get her to join up.
    I hope I don't ask too many silly questions!

Thanks
    M

Thanks

First of all, WELCOME.
    It is very nice of you to care so much about your sister in law.
    You are right, our forum is very helpful and you will always find an open ear.
    I too have lupus and RA, plus a few more, out of the wide range of autoimmune disease.
    Tell your SIL, that we are here for her, if she has any questions.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Mussen so were worried about asking too many silly questions - don't worry about it because the silly questions that you ask are just the ones that we want to know the answers about. When I was at university, I was in my 30's and 40's and I would ask the most stupidist questions. The younger students would often thank me for asking the questions because they were worried about what other people would think about them and didn't want them to think they were stupid. Well I didn't know whether they were actually complimenting me for having the guts to ask the questions or they were actually saying - "Linda you are so dumb for asking those questions."

Anyway, the point is, I asked the questions because I really wanted to know and understand particuar concepts and I was not satisfied with myuself until I did understand. So ask away because you are not only helping yourself and your sister in law, you are also helping us as well. Thank you for being such a wonderful understanding and caring sister in law.
    Diagnosed with Lupus - 22 June, 2010

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I ask silly questions also; I don't know what half this stuff means. I always trusted the doctors in the past. Now I ask.

Ask a way!

Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi mussen,

your sister-in-law is very lucky to have you to care about her. it was very kind of you to search forums where she can find knowledge, compassion, and friendship. My son found this forum for me when i was diagnosed, and it changed my life. I learned so much from the members here, and now i am comfortable with living with lupus.

when i first joined, i also thought some of my questions were silly, but no one here ever made me feel silly for asking. The members here have become my family, and i never hesitate to call on them for advice when lupus throws another curve in my life. I hope your sister in law will check us out....this is a great group.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

welcome! Ask away - we are all still learning new things together that usually start with a questions the asker thinks is a little silly. Your SIL is very blessed to have a supporter like you. Having your own health issues qualifies you to understand a big part of what she is going through and to empathize with her and to understand that being sick isn't a choice or a changeable situation. If you look through the forums on this page, you will find this site is like the Library of Congress of Lupus and Other Things AutoImmune and it comes with fun things like chat rooms and games too!!!!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Mussen;
    Welcome to our family. Your sister-in-law is very lucky to have you. You have already met some of our members who have told you that there is no such thing as "Silly" questions here. Every question is important, especially to the person who is asking it. So, you will find that all of your questions will be answered by persons who understand this and who want only to help as much as they can.
    You will be very valuable to your sister-in-law as she journey's through her changed life with Lupus and RA. Learning as much as you can about both diseases will help you to comfort her, provide support, and make informed decisions with her doctors.
    Remember, we are here to help you and to help her as much as we can. I want you to know that neither you nor she are alone, we are here for both of you!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!