Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feeling alone, overwhelmed and in need of a Hug

Thanks

(((Nonna)))
    Sorry to hear you've had a rough time of it. There's nothing wrong with a good old-fashioned cry when you're feeling overwhelmed and all alone. Lord knows I've had my share of tears lately (and then some). It's easier to pick yourself up once you've cried out the negative energy.

We're all here for you, even when your other family returns. Take care and keep us posted.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

This is why we are all here for each other just want to send my hugs also Good luck with the biospy. Love and prayers Bonita

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Again, thank you all. I'm feeling much better today. I still want to cry, but I can't; I'm not a crier - I think that's why I eat. I was taught as a child to hide my emotions.

Many thanks to all,
    nonna

missing my twitchy especially now when I'm twitching

Thanks

Believe me, Nonna, I understand the feeling of stuffing my emotions and not crying. For the longest time I couldn't cry. Now, because (I think) of the meds I'm taking, I can't turn the faucet off. It started after watching a sad movie.

Since you're feeling the need to cry and just need a little nudge, why don't you try putting in one of your favorites--whether it's Marley and Me, An Officer and a Gentleman, ET.....whatever will take you to that place and let 'er rip. There's nothin' to be ashamed of. You're safe. No one's going to laugh at you. Chances are, another one of us will also be bawling our eyes out tonight and have snotty noses too. It does the soul good to release those tears of frustration and loss.

Give yourself a break Nonna. You deserve it.

Thanks

Nonna my heart goes out to you. You seem so helpful and strong, and now you are feeling down. This just shows how much people put up with before reality hits them and show their emotions.

I found myself crying when I went on an appointment with my daughter to a service provider. They were not helping her very much and was very blunt with their advice because she did not bring in all her paper work. I asked the person if she could be a bit more helpful and she said that was all she could do. Then I really surprised myself and cried because I was getting so stressed by the whole situation. Oh My Gosh - I never do that, and NEVER in public. I appologised and explained that I have just been diagnosed with a life long serious disease and I have many appointments and procedures I have to attend and I cannot afford to take anymore time off work just to drop some more paper work off. Mind you I did bring in what was required and this woman was just being difficult. She went off for 5 minutes or so and came back. Then everything was sorted out - easily solved. All because I cried. I am not a good actor and I will not use cryng as a way out, but sometimes shedding a tear or two does help.

Nonna I hope you start to feel a bit better soon. How was your biopsy?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi nonna,

so sorry to hear about all of your worries. I agree with everyone else....there is nothing wrong with the occasional endulgence in our favorite foods....why not. Look at all that you are dealing with, a little yummy soul food is certainly deserved.

I am glad to hear that you are doing better today. I hope tomorrow brings you a smile.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Biopsy is next Wednesday the 21st; then I have to wait 48 hrs for the results. Which would be Friday afternoon..... try the following Monday. You know how you're always waiting for the other shoe to fall. That's what this is. One by one my glands have fallen, died and needed to be removed. this is just the next piece. I will survive I always do. I think it's mainly the 'what's next' syndrome.

nonna

Giving out hugs now to others who helped. still missing my twitchy......... twitch, twitch.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

*giving hugs and passing around tissues*

Cry, girl, cry! and we'll cry with you.

Sometimes I think it's all the time consuming stuff - waiting for an appt, waiting for a referral, waiting for lab work, waiting for the dr to call with the lab work, waiting to see it the dr's solution is having any results, waiting for the new lab work to see what the results are, waiting for that shoe to drop - just waiting waiting waiting - is the worst part. It's like you have all this time for your mind to play the What If game and the What If game is always about the worst possible outcome. It's such a mind scrambler. I have faith you will survive too and please know -we are all sitting next to you holding your hands and rubbing your shoulders and offering hugs while we play the What If and What's Next games with you. You are not alone.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes and me too.Im sorry your having a rough time and glad you feel a little better.Most of all you keep posting we are all crying,smiling,hugging with you my friend.One day at a time.Good luck on Wednesday....we'll all be there with you.
    lots of love n gentle hugs
    Amanda.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nonna View Post
    Biopsy is next Wednesday the 21st; then I have to wait 48 hrs for the results. Which would be Friday afternoon..... try the following Monday. You know how you're always waiting for the other shoe to fall. That's what this is. One by one my glands have fallen, died and needed to be removed. this is just the next piece. I will survive I always do. I think it's mainly the 'what's next' syndrome.

nonna

Giving out hugs now to others who helped. still missing my twitchy......... twitch, twitch.
    Hi Nonna!

Did you get your results yet?
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.