Thread: Indoors Suburn???

Thanks

Default Indoors Suburn???

OK, I work from home now so I can avoid the flourescent lights. Thank goodness for an amazing boss and company!

But today I didn't close my blinds in my home office for the afternoon, as it was a bit overcast. It now looks and feels like I have a sunburn on my face. Is it really possible in that indirect light???

Thanks

I suppose it's possible, but are you reacting to a steroid dosing, or some other new medication?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Think of sitting in the car. You're in the shade, but not really the UV can still get at you through the window. Atleast that's my thoughts on the matter.

nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nonna View Post
    Think of sitting in the car. You're in the shade, but not really the UV can still get at you through the window. Atleast that's my thoughts on the matter.

nonna
    Nonna is absolutely right. Depending on how your window is or isn't treated for UVA/UVB protection - you can actually intesify the effects of the sun through a window. My dermatologist told me this. He said that the #1 spot he sees skin cancer on is the hands from people driving and holding the steering wheel with no sunscreen. He said think of the window/windshield as a giant magnifying glass and you are the ant under it. There are window films and coatings you can add to help increase your protection from the sun.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just adding my agreement to the fact that glass can intensify the effects of UVA/UVB rays. I work from home also and have to always remember to close the shutters when I am in my home office. I learned that the hard way, a bit the same as you have :-(

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

I'm in agreement with Sandy and SaySusie. Stay away from the windows in your home, especially if the curtains/
    blinds are open.