Thread: Lupus started in pregnancy

Thanks

Default Lupus started in pregnancy

has anyone's lupus started during pregnancy? I had a horrible pregnancy where I thought as if my head was swollen and fet out of it the whole time. Long story short and 20 years later, I am still struggling with depression and anxiety and making my poor husband and only daughter (thank God for her) miserable. Tried few meds, but could not deal with side effects. Besides depressiona ans anxiety, I am dealing with feelings of unreality (depresonalizations and desensitization.) I am functional, but it's a miserable existence. Any similar stories out there?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Kimkim
    I see that no one has had a similar story to tell.

Pregancies change our body's chemistry and each one is different, even for the same person. The Lupus facts were probably already there and just started to function at that time.

As to the depression, you should probably seek to speak with professionals and not rely on meds

nonna
    Last edited by Nonna; 07-18-2010 at 05:20 AM.

Thanks

Has your thyroid been THOROUGHLY checked, kimkum04?... You mention "... feelings of unreality (depresonalizations and desensitization.) I am functional, but it's a miserable existence.", and that's the way I was getting (plus some bad aches and pains) when I changed doctors a few years back and the new doc found my thyroid issue right off the bat... All sorts of things get out of whack with low thyroid.

Thanks

KimKum,
    Yes, I developed symptoms approx at 8 mths preggo.. but they really kicked in postpartum ,, about 3 mnths postpartum. Funny thing is that my first pregnancy and postpartum was fine. Weird how our bodies change. I hope you get to feeling better soon. The prime time for a woman to develop an autoimmune disease is after having a baby.. our immune systems get confused and if we are predisposed to AI disease, then we are more likely to develop them. Hope you find the right meds for you soon =) Hugs

Blog Entries
    Thanks

jmail is right about the thyroid. I've lived with that for so long it's part of my nature. definitely get that checked.