View Poll Results: Do you have just sun or heat sensitivity also?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just sun.

2 6.25%
  • Just heat.

3 9.38%
  • Both.

27 84.38%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heat vs Sun

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by red246 View Post
    I think I'm going to go up to my husband's work and stand naked in the freezer! Maybe I'll just stay there all summer! lol
    Well that would be one way to solve the problem! LOL.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Hi
    I too see im reacting to heat,aswell as sun plus lights on stores,hospitals flourescent types,halogen also,plus energy bulbs used in uk.
    i changed my ebdsdie light to old style lightbulb much better.
    started wear sunglasses indoors at meetings for church etc made difference but i dos till come over unwell if in room to hot for me.
    to point nearly passing out.
    melly c

Thanks

This makes me feel better. I was thinking I was crazy! We've skipped a number of gatherings so far this summer, when we're invited somewhere the first question I have to ask is if there is shade wherever we're going, if not, we aren't going. But, even in the shade with tons of sunscreen, and umbrella and clothes that cover every inch of skin, I was still getting sick from just a few hours outside. We went to a BBQ this weekend and I was incredibly careful to not let the sun touch me for even a second and we still left early because I turned bright red and got really dizzy and nauseous. I used to love summer, but I feel like a prisoner now!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmers View Post
    This makes me feel better. I was thinking I was crazy! We've skipped a number of gatherings so far this summer, when we're invited somewhere the first question I have to ask is if there is shade wherever we're going, if not, we aren't going. But, even in the shade with tons of sunscreen, and umbrella and clothes that cover every inch of skin, I was still getting sick from just a few hours outside. We went to a BBQ this weekend and I was incredibly careful to not let the sun touch me for even a second and we still left early because I turned bright red and got really dizzy and nauseous. I used to love summer, but I feel like a prisoner now!
    I feel that same way. This weekend was my sister's babyshower. It was outside and it turned out to be exceedingly hot - 110*. Thankfully the shower started later - around 3, but all the set up that morning and the day before had me hiding in the house for a good portion of the beginning of the shower feeling like a prisoner of the sun too.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

I am a member of the Love your A/C club! I cannot be outside for more than a few minutes if it is hot. I can't take the heat. My face gets red like a sunburn and my entire body feels like its a glowing ember. If at all possible I get inside and take a cool shower. Or at the very least wipe off with a cool cloth. That cools me down and I am by that point worn out. The heat sucks the energy out and leaves me exhausted. The sun only makes things worse. I can't be outside, so I have to avoid all things in the great outdoors, unless its an overcast cool day. I have seriously thought about Alaska... and cooling it there but then my hands, feet and ears will ache. Isn't there a state for Lupies?? Billie

Thanks

The desert southwest - but in the mountains, to avoid the heat... I envision myself and wife in a cabin, with the San Juan Mountains visible from the front porch... lolol

Thanks

I have always been very active outside, loving the summer especially. Since both Sjogrens and SLE entered my life a few years ago, I have found that the heat and sun are becoming more and more detrimental to me =( I ran a few miles tonight and came home wretchng, vomiting for quite a bit. I know it was related to the heat, even though I ran close to 8pm! It breaks my heart. I'm a 41 year old runner and a triathlete.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The heat is my enemy when I'm not feeling well, the actual sun has no negative effect on me aka rash etc like most people but when the heat is in full force and I don't feel well then just consider me worthless! Its pure misery...but maybe I'm crazy too

Hugs,
    LenaT14

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Many of us don't get actual rashes from being in the sun. What happens is that it can throw us into a flare, or period of feeling very bad. I live in Texas and it has been between 90-105 for a few months. Even getting out to go to the store can put me Down for a couple of days
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

i am sensitive to both sun and heat.

i love a mild spring day.
    lazing in the filtered sun is good for me.......
    but over exposure happens very quickly.
    i go from no effect.... to second degree burns.
    no in between, either no effect, or severe pain.

even hot showers, i come out in a bright red.
    heat also slows down my reasoning ability.
    also any increase in my core body temperature,
    and my bowels go into overdrive. (not a pretty site).