View Poll Results: Do you have just sun or heat sensitivity also?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just sun.

2 6.25%
  • Just heat.

3 9.38%
  • Both.

27 84.38%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heat vs Sun

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    ... I have no problem with cold weather at all, and in fact, cold feels really good.
    For me, the cold is almost worse than the heat, especially my hands, feet & ears. Over the last 6-8 years, I've turned into a weather wimp. I don't even like the "change" in environment from hot-cold, etc. from when you go from the house to the car and back again. Sets me to coughing and sniffling... I don't like humidity, I don't like heat, I don't like cold, I don't like the sun, etc. lolol - However, I do like looking out the window, no matter the weather... Just wish I could participate.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am much more sun sensative than heat but I am finding myself more and more uncomfortable in the heat too. More than the heat, it's the humidity. I just feel like I am being smothered by it.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SandyR View Post
    I am much more sun sensative than heat but I am finding myself more and more uncomfortable in the heat too. More than the heat, it's the humidity. I just feel like I am being smothered by it.
    Sandy,

Feeling like being smothered, is the right analogy. It feels like somebody is giving me a tight bearhug. I hate heat and humitity.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

I used to be extremely heat intolerant. Now I even seek out steam rooms! I thought it was just age. It is so odd, I had problems with the sun and heat my entire life from about 12/13 on. In my late 30's that all went away mysteriously, so much so we moved to Mexico and the heat was fabulous. I had to return to the states at 41 due to a critical bout with my health (pericarditis then pulmonary embolisms). I am here in the cloudy Pacific NW with a *new* diagnosis of lupus and I am wondering how I am going to deal with the sun this summer? So far I've been okay... hmmm. Are there lupies that can be in the sun?

Ali

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post
    Sandy,

Feeling like being smothered, is the right analogy. It feels like somebody is giving me a tight bearhug. I hate heat and humitity.

Debbie
    I hate it too! In fact, I am procrastinating at work so I don't have to go out in the humidity but I am about to brave it.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes i like heat n sun but suffer with both.....heat makes me feel yakky and breathing is hard sometimes,but also makes me feel panicky.I also love the sun,but rashes galore and very exhausted and headaches/migraines.....yet i still sit in the garden under the brolly lol.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow! Thanks for all the detailed responses! Sorry I haven't responded sooner, I had bronchitis. So much for my 2 wk "vacation" - boys were visiting their dad.

I wish I was in Alaska! I'm still tapering down off the 60mg of Pred they put me on and the heat on top of being hot from the evil steroids .............I almost feel worse now than w/the stupid bronchitis! UGH! I think I'm going to try and take cold shower.
    Lauren

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I thought i was going crazy. The sun doesn't bother me, its the heat. yesterday i finally felt good in the morning was cool went to work felt great. They sent me to post office was really hot an humid by than. It ten minutes when i got back i got sick to stomach, fever came back an i was ready to go back to bed. We have been having really hot an humid days here which doesn't happen until around august. I couldn't understand i would get up feel fine go outside than all of sudden was sick again. So i now i feel better the heat makes me have little flares. now if i could just stay inside all summer lol
    Keep Smiling

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gina View Post
    I thought i was going crazy. The sun doesn't bother me, its the heat. yesterday i finally felt good in the morning was cool went to work felt great. They sent me to post office was really hot an humid by than. It ten minutes when i got back i got sick to stomach, fever came back an i was ready to go back to bed. We have been having really hot an humid days here which doesn't happen until around august. I couldn't understand i would get up feel fine go outside than all of sudden was sick again. So i now i feel better the heat makes me have little flares. now if i could just stay inside all summer lol
    Gina - If I could stay inside all summer where it was well air conditioned, then i would be good! We have window a/c units, which help, but not enough.

I just don't understand why I can't seem to get it through my doctor's head that it's not the sun! I mean, if I can go outside ALL day in the winter, when it's COLD and still SUNNY and not have any issues - then doesn't that kind of mean that it's the HEAT and NOT the SUN???????? HELLO?????

Okay, I think I'm going to go up to my husband's work and stand naked in the freezer! Maybe I'll just stay there all summer! lol
    Lauren

10. The Following User Says Thank You to red246 For This Useful Post:

gina (07-19-2010)

Thanks

The sun, for me, is usually a "direct" kind of thing. If I don't have exposed skin, my body usually leaves me be (unless I'm already "flaring"). But if I go out in shirt sleeves and no hat for much more than a few minutes, look-out! I'll react every time. The angle of the sun in the winter is different from the summer's sun, hence the difference in temperature (in addition to the shorter days in the winter), and the heavier clothing probably helps.