Thread: The shaking chills

Thanks

Default The shaking chills

Hello Hello Again.
    Its me . So i have been having swelling in my lungs and around my heart which is making it hard to breath, walk and talk. Im taking prednisone agin, to get the swelling down. It bothers me, but is not my main concern. I have been shaking with the chills for weeks. Its like my body is hot, but i'm shaking uncontrollably. Also i wake up in the night with my clothes soaked with sweat. I was wondering if this is part of the whole lupus thing, or if i might have some other thing going on. My blood work results came back great today, but dr wants me to take some antibiodics..im not sure whats going on, but i do know that I have been EXTREMELY sick for a few months now and nothing seems to be giving me any releif. Please help me guys. Thanks
    -Sarah

Thanks

Sarah I was wondering how the doctor worked out that you have swelling in your lungs and around yor heart?
    Perhaps you have a temperature, an infection in your lungs and that is why you are waking up wet? Oh I don't know, but that's prbably why you are feeling so sick. Hopefully the antibiotics will make things a bit better for you. How do you cope with working, or what ever you do on a daily basis being so sick?

Thanks

Sorry to hear about all your troubles, Sarah2010. The lupus definitely stresses your system, which can knock you down, and the edema isn't very nice. It has many causes, and can be associated with lupus and/or infection, as can fever and chills. I've been fortunate in not having any symptoms as severe as yours. I do experience the night sweats, sometimes rather disturbingly. My IgM and IgG (proper names??) are low from lupus, and I'm supposed to get antibiotics anytime I even so much as think I might be getting sick, due to my body's not responding properly to "invaders". Do you know if you're anemic in any form?

We'll be thinking of you, and praying for you...

Thanks

Thanks guys.
    Linda, I am back on the prednisone for the swelling in my lungs and heart. Ive only been back on it for two days, and already my voice is a bit stronger and i'm coughing less. The Dr. did an xray and CT of my chest last week and found a "nodule" in my left lung, which he read the results and said it wasn't anything major, BUT if the antibiodics arn't working by Mon. then he's admitting me to the hospital. I had a fever,chills and sweating again last night, i'm really hoping that this gets better!!
    jmail, I dont know what the night sweats is all about, but i hate it! Sometimes i'm so soaked, that i have to make sure i didnt pee the bed!lol. Like i said, i am on antibiodics only for about 24 hrs now, so we will see if they start workin. Just keeping my fingers crossed!! Talk to you all soon. Thanks for your replies.
    -Sarah

Thanks

How are you feeling after being on antibiotics? I presume you got better by Monday and did not need to go to hospital. Hopefully you will regain the strength that you lost through being unwell.