Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Insomnia

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Linda From Australia View Post

When my mind is racing at night, I write down my important thoughts in a note book I keep next to my bed. That way I don't need to think about what is bothering me or the important things I need to remember any more and I can start to relax. Then I don't need to stress and can go to sleep ....... eventually.
    I take everything back about how a simple fix of just writing things down in a note book next to your bed will help. Well I have come to the stage of suffering true insomnia. I realise that I was never an insomniac in the past. But now, I have nights where I am so exhausted that I just cannot sleep, or I wake up often and cannot go back to sleep for hours. I am wondering if this is a side effect of Plaqenal?

I feel like a toddler who is impossible because they are over tired and cannot settle down at night. I am very careful not to have the same behaviour problems an overly tired toddler has as I know it is a high possibility that my current flare will get worse with stress, and I do not want to get any worse than I already am.
    Last edited by Linda From Australia; 07-17-2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Stupid mistakes - typical teacher editting habit

Thanks

Sorry about your bad experience, Linda From Australia. My last round was Thursday night into Friday. I had done everything "right" all day Thursday, no caffiene, medz on time, got to bed "on time", etc., and yet I woke up before midnight, and could NOT get back to sleep... I finally dozed-off about 4:45 and then the alarm went off at 5:15 and I got up and went to work. All I can figure is that my day at work Thursday was very stressful, and maybe that contributed to the problem. ?? I doped myself up last night and "slept" from 10pm to 6am. Only problem is that I don't sleep "deep" when doped, and then I can't hardly wake-up the next morning. Plus, I've got that "fog" from the drugs contributing to my now "natural" fog...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Then there is the opposite of insomnia - the point where you just want to sleep.........
    That's where I am today. I just want to sleep...
    This started last night at 7:30 and here it is 1:30 the next afternoon and all I want to do is take a nap

Thanks

Im like a new born baby these days...up all night, sleep all day. I just feel better at night. The sun isnt blaring through the windows, its cooler etc.etc.... Plus, now that I've had hives for the last two days, my liquid Benadryl practically has a straw in it, and i'm like a sleeping machine!!! I slept through a thunderstorm and the vacuum today!! But thats the problem..I stayed in bed untill about 4 p.m. So now im wide awake!!! Ahhhh..its a vicious cycle.

Thanks

Sigh.... I just thought it was because I have so much stress in my life. For the last year or so, I get nights where I lay awake, exhausted, almost crying because I just want to sleep, but, my mind takes off on tangents, and I try to reign it in and focus on the word "sleep" over and over again, to try to stop the mad train of thought, but, before I realize it, I am right back on it, and nothing I do will get me to sleep. I have always been the kind of sleeper, at least as far back as I remember, where I toss and turn for a long time, then, I fall asleep and Im fine, but, if anything wakes me up I have to toss and turn sometimes for an hour or more just to get back to sleep. Some nights lately, I never get back to sleep. The worst is when I get to bed at 9pm knowing I have to be up for work no later than 5:30 am. I doze off, then something wakes me up, doesn't matter if it was nothing more than a noise outside or one of those moments where your whole body does a big twitch. After that, the tossing and turning starts. Every position brings with it some kind of pain, so I try to find the least painful position. After a while that position becomes unbearable so I have to readjust, over and over. I check the clock and it's midnight. then it's 1, then 2......then 4. I am facing the decision of whether to call in sick for work or just deal with only having an hour of sleep at best and work my usual 12 hour shift. Normally, on those nights, I finally doze off about an hour before the alarm goes off.

Makes me want to cry.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I take tradmol for my pain and it doesn't help with the insomnia at all. my body is so use to the meds doesn't affect me at all. helps with the pain an its not addicting. i have been taking benadryl it has helped i take the 12hr dose so i take early enough to get up in the morning. You having a three year old i wouldn't take the 12hr dose be to groggy in morning and their a handfull at that age, i went thru that age already being sick not fun when tired and cranky. I hope this works. this disease effects everyone different and what works for me might not work for you.
    Keep Smiling

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Teresa find something to do that's relaxing and you can stay on your bed and rest. Sometimes that works, the mind slows down as the body rests.

Nonna

twitching away, but not as stressed