Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Insomnia

Thanks

Default Insomnia

Oaahhhh my fellow lupies, I am soooooo tired!!! One of my newest symptoms i've added to my repertoire is insomnia!! I was wondering how many of you out there suffer from it, and what you do to help it. I sometimes fall asleep easily and sleep for 3 hrs or so, but then i'm up for the rest of the night..hours and hours of tossing and turning. Sometimes i lay there and dont fall asleep at all!!! All the while, i'm in extreme pain and discomfort and I shake tike crazy! im not sure if the shaking is from anxiety or from the pain, but I am miserable. By the time it's morning, the rest of the family is waking rested, and i cant get out of bed because i'm so exhauseted. Please help!! Im sooooo tired!!! Thanks
    -Sarah

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes it's so bad. Lots of us here deal with that. There's even a group you can join here. I take sonata. But still can't sleep.
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Thanks

I've found that Baclofen helps with the leg spasms that were waking me up, but then I sometimes go overboard. The Baclofen can make me sleep 12 hours straight!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Thanks ladies! Man, as if pain and everything isnt bad enough...Im like a zombie!!! So their is a group I can join with fellow sleepy heads? Tell me where to sign up!! My dr perscribed me tramadol(sp)..im hesitant to take it. First because im not sure how i'll react, like maria said she could sleep for 12 hrs!! I have a 3yr old that I must attend to, so i'd hate to be drugged up if he needed me in the night. Also, i had an x ray yesterday and am going back tom for a cat scan, the Dr. thinks(so do I) that I have pnemonia. My breathing is short and shallow allready, i am afraid that the pain killer or sleep aid will make it worse... Anyways, im not thinking clearly because i'm so tired, so I dont know what to do. Thnks again.
    -Sarah

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh im sorry to read we have another fellow insomniac....my heart goes out to you my friend.My middle name is Insomnia...not good at all is it.
    First of all,have you told your doctor about this? If not do it now! You need meds,either pain meds, anti anxiety meds or sleeping pills.Dont try deal with it on your own,ive tried and it didnt help me at all.I can go a few days without sleep and im desperate at times with it.So we hear you and know how very bad insomnia can get.
    Try keep off caffine,have a hot bath before bed time and read a book then lie down after you feel sleepy or should i say IF you feel sleepy.
    If you look up there, you will see 'community' click it then go to groups.You will find in there a few insomnia posts we all visit when we dont sleep.There are a few admin works going on now so if it quiet its not that we are not on...sme have had problems getting online,but soon when its all sorted yu'll find us in there.If not leave a message in there...it will help!!
    Let us know how you get on...keep posting.
    lots of love
    Amanda,.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Hello, thanks again for explaining how to join that group. I'm now a member! i have to appologise for not knowing how to use this website better. Lets just say that i'm the kind of girl that assembles things without looking at directions and then has "extra" pieces left over..lol..thanks again.
    -Sarah

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Count me in. I take tizanidine to relax my muscles. most of the time though, I sleep 2-3 hours and wake, then sleep again. the worst is when my mind clicks into gear and I can't shut it down.

nonna

Thanks

Even when I have a lucky day of no or little pain, I CAN'T SLEEP.
    I can fall asleep, but within 10- 30 Minutes, I wake up, because my heart is racing
    so fast, that I think I must have been running in a marathon. It takes about two
    hours or more, to get my heartrate back to normal. Then I fall asleep again, boom, here
    it starts all over again, with my fast heartbeat. Sometimes it beats 160 beats a minute.
    The doctor can't figure out why.
    But thanks to my best friend AMBIEN, I sleep like a baby.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Nonna, you said: .... the worst is when my mind clicks into gear and I can't shut it down.

When my mind is racing at night, I write down my important thoughts in a note book I keep next to my bed. That way I don't need to think about what is bothering me or the important things I need to remember any more and I can start to relax. Then I don't need to stress and can go to sleep ....... eventually.

Thanks

Insomnia is... all sorts of words spring to mind (thankfully, mine's relatively "clear" today). One thing gauranteed to put me to sleep is one of my old computer programming language books, especially the C++ ones... I like that "notebook" idea, Linda From Australia...