Thread: Shoot, I'm hoping not again....

Thanks

Default Shoot, I'm hoping not again....

I came to the one place that someone will understand me...my lupie family. I have been doing SOOOOO good lately. Other than breaking my leg this winter...I have been navigating things pretty well. Then, two days ago I started feeling really tired..headache. Then yesterday, here comes the chills. When I had my lupus attacks on my kidney's in the past, I had this unreal chills and high temperature. After toughing out a while at work, I got home around 3:30pm yesterday and 101 temp. Tylenol brought it back down. Then at 10pm, the chills....man, brought back memories and nothing good. Woke up in a sweat at midnight, temp more normal. Then at 4, chills. Woke up at 9am, sweaty. Called the doctor (he's on vacation). Went in though at 1pm and they are running tests.

Now, my daughter was sick this week, but had more stomach pain. But she was down 2-3 days. I don't have the stomach pain, but my side inside my hipbone is sore when I move my leg. Lower back is sore. Nothing remarkable. Just the fever, headache, etc. My exam went fine, eyes, lungs, ears, throat, nose, all good. He pushed around on my abdoman. Ran blood and urine. Urine looked the same as always. No other results yet (why does it take so long these days).

So, I'm on vacation from work starting today (flash back to Christmas when I was on my last vacation and I broke my leg). If it's viral, there is nothing to do but wait. If it's an infection, they have me on antibiotics, although I'm not sure what could be infected. My appendix crossed my mind with the mild discomfort on my right side. I would think the blood work and the abdoman exam would have detected that and I would think the pain would be worse.

That's what is happening to me. I hate that I flash to the Lupus when things are wrong, but when my kidney's failed, it was so non-descript...temp and chilling.
    My Avatar represents most of my doctors. They don't want to look at what is going on, listen to what I'm saying or tell me anything!! Sound familiar?

Thanks

AND....I can't even play in the arcade to keep my mind off of not feeling great Oh well. Just reflecting on my last two "vacations"...The day before my last vacation was suppose to start, I broke my leg and had to deal with that over Christmas and my vacation (and pretty much the month of January).

Now, new vacation...in bed sick. Am I possibly the only one who actually stays more healthy by working?

Larz

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Larz,

sorry to hear about feeling sick again. i hate those dejavu feelings of past flares and hope this is just a little cold or virus that will resolve quickly. and i know what you mean about the arcade - we can play but no scores is no fun.

Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Larz i am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. I hope that this is just viral and will go away but with lupus you think of the worst. I miss trying to beat your scores but this arcade is still not working right. Right now i am going to see a neurologist next week because my neurosurgen looked at my brain mri and seen little white spots on it and with all the problems with my vision and the headaches i am getting a neurological check-up. We are all here for each other because we understand a little better what to expect from this diease. I will be praying for you and try to enjoy your vacation with your family. Love Bonita

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Larz;
    I am so sorry to hear that you are having these symptoms and that they are familiar to you. I hope that it is not your Lupus, especially since you've been doing so well for so long. I know it is difficult waiting for test results, so please let us know as soon as you receive them.
    I am keeping you in my thoughts.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Default On the mend...

I have NO idea what that was that I had for a few days, but like I mentioned...so reminicent of my Lupus flares. But as quick as it came on, I turned a corner. I believe that I'm on the mend, although I'm still recovering. As always, I'm always grateful when I start pulling out of something. Gives me refocus NEVER to take a moment of life for granted! I'm also so glad I have all of you to turn to. Doctors don't seem to understand the fear over starting to get sick has for someone with Lupus...especially when you've been in a quiet period. Just the thought of what is in front of you....sigh. The fact that it mimics other things, even minor things. The blessing of this illness.

Thanks for all your thoughts! Bonita, I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Off to bed...not taking this recovery for granted....

Larz
    My Avatar represents most of my doctors. They don't want to look at what is going on, listen to what I'm saying or tell me anything!! Sound familiar?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hooray Larz is better thank The Lord. Bonita

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Larz;
    I am so happy to hear that you are feeling better. I pray that it continues and that you, once again, enjoy a long period of "quietness"

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Larz,
    That is wonderful! I am glad to hear this and will add my continued prayers as well.
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.