Thread: Spinal Tap Today

Thanks

Unhappy Spinal Tap Today

My neurologist greeted me after my trip with an appointment for a spinal tap this morning. I'm touchy about my back, and I've never had anything like that before (no epidurals, I had my babies at home). Jeff held my hands and kissed me through the whole thing, so I didn't freak out.
    I had read about the possibility of a killer migraine, so I was very careful to stay flat on my back afterward. I've spent the day on the couch with the cats, catching up on the Food Network shows that the DVR recorded while we were away. Now I'm propped up on a pillow so that I can type, and I'm feeling fairly good. I didn't get a headache at all - just a bad lower back ache.
    I have to admit, I'm enjoying having Jeff wait on me today. Perhaps I can get him to get me some pho from the Vietnamese restaurant for dinner!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Oh Marla, you poor thing. I have never had one done either. Does it hurt as bad as it looks?
    Why did he do the spinal? When will you get the results?
    Rest and don't do to much, to soon.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have never had a spinal tap but plenty of epidurals. Glad that you had your husband by your side and i hope the results are good ones. Love Bonita

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Welcome back,

I'm glad it went smoothly for you. I had a headache after I had the procedure done, but it wasn't bad. Just a bit of a sore back, like you. Vietnamese food you say, hot stuff!

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks

OUCH!!! Im so glad you got through alright and i hope the back pain eases soon.Yes i want to know....does it look as bad as im thinking it would be? You are so very brave let me tell ya.
    love
    Amandaxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Good luck with the results. Hope they are for the better and not the worst.

Nonna

Thanks

The neurologist wants to rule out MS. He is totally baffled by my symptoms. I tried to explain to him that Sjogren's can mimic MS, but he won't listen. He says that Sjogren's is just dry eyes and dry mouth and is easily managed. One internet search can prove that to be wrong, but he's one of those "I'm the doctor here" types.
    Jeff and I talked it over, and we decided to let him do the spinal tap, just to get more good information into my records. My next appointment with him is July 13. I expect that it will be negative for MS, the neuro will scratch his head, and then he'll send me back to my rheumy with no new answers. I don't really feel that my new rheumy here in Ca. has a good grasp of what to do with me, either. She's very sweet, and she keeps prescribing my meds, so I'll hang in there until we move back to Texas. I have a fantastic rheumy there, and she'll know just what to do with all of the added info that I'm gathering here.
    Doctors are frustrating!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes they are and I am glad that you, at least, continue to keep yourself informed so that you can work with your doctors and so that you know when you are dealing with a doctor who does not know their stuff.
    Hang in there...

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Oh, that must be a painful thing. Thankfully I have not ever had that done. Your husband sounds very sweet and I'm sure he'll take care of you. I know it is a blessing to have a good husband. They can be a lifeline when all else goes wrong. I don't know how I'd make it without mine.
    You take care of yourself an do what they say don't push yourself. You need to rest up from all that vacationing!
    Bille