Thread: brain mri

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default brain mri

I went to my rhumey on tuesday and he ordered and mri of the brain because my eye doctor said the things going on with my vision and the headaches are not from the plaquinel so he said i should see a neurologist. I took my mri along on wensday when i went to my neurosurgeon and he said he seen little white specks on it and he made me and appointment with a neurologist and he told me this could be from the lupus or it could be related to aging and to start taking a baby asprin a day. Did anyone else ever have this told to them? Bonita

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bonita View Post
    I went to my rhumey on tuesday and he ordered and mri of the brain because my eye doctor said the things going on with my vision and the headaches are not from the plaquinel so he said i should see a neurologist. I took my mri along on wensday when i went to my neurosurgeon and he said he seen little white specks on it and he made me and appointment with a neurologist and he told me this could be from the lupus or it could be related to aging and to start taking a baby asprin a day. Did anyone else ever have this told to them? Bonita
    Hi Bonita, I have not been told that, nor have I had an MRI done of my brain.
    My doctor told me to take an aspirin a day, because of my " sticky" blood, it will prevent clots from forming.
    But I can understand, that you are worried about this. When is your appointment?
    I just read the part about, aging? You are not that old, are you?

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My neuro told me that the white specks showed where I had had mini strokes. As to what yours represent, I'm not sure. Blood flow problems cause strokes so.......
    Keep us updated on what the neurologist tells you. I'll be very interested. I see mine in August, I go every six months.

Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you Debbie-B and Nonna i will keep you updated and i will be 62 in August. Bonita

Thanks

I had a brain MRI because the neuro was looking for MS. It didn't show any definite signs of it, so he went to the next step - a spinal tap.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Bonita,
    I'm 62 also. Good luck

Nonna

Blog Entries
    Thanks

From what i have been reading on this site i thought i was the oldest person i am glad to know that there are a few of the senior citizens. Bonita

Thanks

Does 52 count as a senior citizen?
    I'm certainly a Grandma!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi i too have to have an mri ordered by my eye doctor.Im 40 so i'll have a few white specs then Dont Doctors say the silliest things xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Thanks

Hi, I have not gone to the eye Dr. yet. My vision is getting a little off in my right eye. I had an MRI not long ago due to an "episode" I had. Severe headache, like my head is exploding then I vomit and i have tremors on the right side. The MRI only showed an enlarged corartid artery. I had another episode on june 25th, my b-day. So now my Oncologist has ordered a MRA which gets to the blood vessels. I don't know what to think at this point. I know I have a high platelet count that is not beeing addressed yet, can't take asprin it will have to be cumidin. Maybe its a narrowing of vessels, or, maybe it will show something else who knows. I don't know how they check for MS, my grandmothers mother had MS. Just rambling, again - just that I'm new and busy dumping for feedback. Please keep us posted I would be interested to hear and to know your results. Good luck.
    Happiness is a choice, lets all choose!