Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Prayers for my Mom please

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Carlotta, I just read about how sick your Mom's been. Just the other day I was thanking about you for some reason was not sure why. So I prayed for you. I will be praying for you and your family. I've been though colon cancer twice with my Mom. So far her cancer is gone for now. But now we are dealing with some type of dementia with her.

Prays and Hugs !!!
    But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31

Take Care,
    Becky

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Faith,

Just checking in on you to see how you have been with your neck and eye,also how is your Mom?

Thinking of you
    Love Amanda.xxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dear Faith,

Thinking of you and hoping you are coping ok and your Mom is fighting.Sending you gentle hugs n much love.

Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Still here when you come back.Thinking of you.Lots of love.xxxx

Thanks

Hi Angel,

How are you doing? Did you have a nice Christmas and New Year? Thank you for thinking of me; I appreciate it. My Mom passed away; I miss her terribly. What is comforting is knowing she is not in the unbearable pain she was having to endure. I couldn't be selfish and want her to endure that; although I have my moments. It is getting a little better. Thank you for asking and thinking of me; Bless you. Sed rate has been high since August nonstop and may have to go on methotrexate. I was in the dr's office today for lab follow up and primary noted my potassium levels were , very very low and said I was very lucky my heart was still ticking and wrote out a rx for Potassium. I praise Him and I am thankful on a daily basis!! I was so happy my heart is still going, I stopped by the market after picking up my Potassium rx and splurged on a small bouquet of mini-carnations.

How have you been? What is going on?

Take care,

Faith

Thanks

Hi Faith,

I am sorry to hear about your Mom passing.
    My Mom passed away 15 years ago and I still miss her, that will never change, but it will get a little better with time.
    I am so glad that you didn't have any problems with your heart. Do you have to get your blood checked on a regular basis now, to see how your potassium levels are?
    Wishing you the very best.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Hi Faith,

I have been reading your post with great interest and I hope you are doing ok with the loss of your mom. I am awaiting diagnosis now as my mom is in her 2nd round of chemo for lung cancer. She is doing alright for the most part, some blips here and there. It has been tough to think of myself during this time, but also difficult to be the kind of daughter I want to be to her when I am not feeling well. I live far away and sometimes the guilt is all that brings me to drag my butt and call.

Sending you all of my prayers. I just wanted you to know how much your story has helped someone else!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Faith,

I am so sorry to read your Mom did pass away and i know how hard she was fighting.Like you said,she has no more pain and i am here with everyone else for you.(Also Debbie n Tortugal thoughts are with you).
    Phyllis Mountaindreamer is on the Meth so chat with her if you have questions or other memebers too that are on it.Let me know how you get on so glad you have a good doctor that actually takes notice n listens n helps you.
    Christmas was quiet had the lurgy,chest infection n getting over pluerisy but im ok.Sleep still bad ...drives me insane.Been thinking of you allot.
    Ahhh so glad you bought some flowers,cheers you up a little to look at n smell.
    A few people here have lost family n friends recently,Saysusie n Oluwa both.So keep posting you know i care n always here for you.
    Hope today is a good day.
    Lots of love n so good to hear from you.Thinking of you.
    Lots of gentle hugs
    Amanda.xxxxxx

Thanks

Hi Debbie-b,

Thank you! I miss her terribly. What is more difficult is when my Dad calls and breaks down (they were married for almost 48 years). I am afraid that he is not going to make it because of lonliness; he needs companionship. I feel helpless and I told him I wish I could make it all better; but there is nothing I can do. I have given him info on a seniors group thru our church annd pray he follows up on it. It breaks my heart to see him hurt. I have to have my blood levels checked periodically. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

God Bless,

Faith

Thanks

Hi Debbie-B, Tortugal, & Amanda,

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. I miss her terribly. What is harder still is when my Dad calls and breaks down (they were married for 48 years). I wish I could fix everything and take the pain away. I am worried about him as he is lonely; he needs daily companionship. I keep praying for him and I told him I couldn't handle losing him as well as my Mom.

Tortugal,
    My Mom was not able to finish chemo because her platlets kept dropping too low and her managed care insurance refused to do blood transfusions so they took her off of the chemo. I feel if she had been able to remain on the chemo and get blood transfusions; she would maybe be here today. My hushand donates blood every 6 weeks and the blood bank was even willing to put his blood back for free. The managed care insurance refused to do so. I was fortunate in that my Mom lived in the same city as us and I wouldn't change it for the world. If you get a chance to visit definately do because you just never know; but rest up and pick a weekend that's good for you. Don't stress yourself out because your not close by on a daily basis; it may be a blessing in disguise for you if you are really ill right now. Picking up the phone and calling makes a huge difference; I know it did with my brother who was out of state. It made it more special when he did call and visit. Don't beat yourself up.

Angel,

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. It does really mean a lot to me. I hope I don't have to go on the Meth, but I have the latest copies of labs in front of me (just after having a cortisone shot) and my c3 is thru the roof and sed rate is still high. We will have to see how things go with the newest rheumy. The 1st rheumy I saw told me everything was fine in October when I had a sed rate of 54 and was in a lot of pain. He then told me I couldn't be in pain. Thus, the search for a rhuemy who listens to patients and looks at lab results. I am glad to hear you are getting over the pluerisy (ugly stuff-hate it) and chest infection. Has the doctor not rx'd anything for sleep? Just curious. I didn't know Saysusie and Oluwa both lost family and friends. I am very sorry to hear it and will keep them in my prayers. How are they both doing? I have missed them both on the board when I have checked in from time to time. Last time, Oluwa was moving to Seattle? I hope you have a good day and lots of hugs and love your way as well. Thank you for thinking of me.

God Bless,

Faith
    xxxxxxxxx