Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weak!!

Thanks

I'm on both, also (185 synthroid, 20 cytomel for thyroid; 5 prednisone) with no "ill" effects yet. I definitely can breath better and the joint inflamation is down now, since I've been on the steroid regularly. Your thyroid can affect blood pressure & blood sugar levels, too...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

As to the muscle cramps you all are talking about. They come from the low calcium levels in your blood. If your thyroid is under functioning, chances are so is your parathyroid. That controls the calcium levels in the blood. That causes pain and cramping in your muscles. If your levels get too low you could end up in muscle spasm that are as severe as a seizure. Vitamin D also comes in here somewhere, I haven't figured that one out yet. Find a good endocrinologist. I've been dealing with this since I was 27. It's like the Lupus; it's not fun. I missed my synthyroid for over a week due to issues with my endo's staff. I'm exhausted, no strength at all. It will take me weeks to get my energy and strength going again.
    Good Luck

nonna
    Last edited by Nonna; 07-13-2010 at 10:58 AM.

Thanks

I'd forgotten about that calcium/magnesium relationship. The vitamin D "leaches" somehow or other, and it helps in the absorbtion of other minerals, etc. to be up to level or above with it. You need it for other things, too (?? blank brain today), and can't get out in the sun to make your own, so supplements it is...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah2010 View Post
    FYi, went to the dr today. He ordered a ton of blood test. The nurse stuck me a few times and couldnt get a vein...UGH!!! i got frustrated, and decided to go home and go back tom for the draw...so no progress YET!!! Still in bed feeling like crap o la!!
    I have *VERY* bad veins. The invisible kind that play hide and seek with needles mainly. I read about a year ago that if you drink water - not ice cold - for at least the hour before your blood draw your veins are easier to find. I tried it - IT WORKS!!!!! I am not kidding when I tell you that before this trick the only people who could stick me the first time were the ones who worked at the blood donor center.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthr...hlight=thyroid

Also - I have been going through thyroid testing this year too and started a thread with some information for others who are also overwhelmed by all the thyroid info out there.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.