Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weak!!

Thanks

Default Weak!!

hello again.
    So on top of my other lovely SLE symptoms, I have been extremely extremely tired and WEAK lately. I am exhausted from walking up and down the stairs, when I pick up my glass of water, it feels like it weighs 100lbs!! I feel like I could just turn into a little puddle on the ground. i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 2 weeks ago and have been taking synthroid, I thought it would help the tired ness and being lethargic, but i'm still sooooo weak. I have been like this for a few weeks, just so tired that after waking up at 8, i'm taking a nap by noon, and just barley sticking it out until a 9:30, 10:00 bed time!! Even when Im sitting or laying down, my body feels heavy..its a weird feeling to feel like your in slow motion and weigh hundreds of pounds! Not to mention, im hardly getting anything done these days. Any suggestions on what this is, or how to overcome and get a bit stronger? Thanks buddys.
    -Sarah

Thanks

Sarah,
    I have hypothyroidism and SLE. I know that feeling all too well. Usually it happens when my thryroid meds need to be raised. I tell my husband when I feel like that is if I didn't have to go potty once in a while I could just sit/lie there all day and not move. It is an awful feeling. Maybe the meds need a little longer to work. Call your doctor's office just in case but it may just be that the meds aren't working well yet. Talk to the nurse and she should be able to talk to you without having to go there. My Dr's nurse has helped me many times. Rest would be the only advice other than that. Your body is needing time to adjust to the changes. Rest if it takes three naps a day and there is any way possible then get the rest you need. Hang in there. I hope you wake up tomorrow feeling better. Once they get your thyroid levels back up you should be feeling much better. Hang on there is a brighter day coming!

Thanks

Thank u, thank u, thank u!!! lol.. It is good to hear that you understand and have delt with this issue. Im only on 75mg of synthroid for about 2 weeks now. I know that synthroid takes a little while to work, so im just patiently waiting. My TSH or THS or whatever was 150, so I know that it was pretty outta whack and will take some time to come back down. Whew..im just glad that im not dying..lol..i seriously was getting scared because im so weak!! Also Hillbillie, do you have any pain that goes along with the hypothyroidism joint, muscle etc? I feel like I have additional pain on top of the SLE right now but it feels like muscle aches... I was wondering if that was from the hypothyroidism or a side effect from the synthroid?? All i know is that i'm in more pain than I have been in a long time and it's wearing me down and bumming me out!! Thanks again
    -Sarah

Thanks

Also, another thing to consider that I totally missed because I have other lupus problems that could've explained it was anemia. Most people with lupus will have it at one time or another.

Anyway, feel better soon.
    --Dar
    Neuropsychiatric (aka CNS) Lupus

Blog Entries
    Thanks

anemia and hypothyroidism are both related to this symptom. You need to get a blood test soon
    nonna

Thanks

nonna,
    Wile lying here in weakness and misery, I was starting to do research on Anemia, Vit. D deficincy, and also b-12. I was thinking that maybe that could be contributing to my symptoms of pain and weakness...Arn't those deficincys listed above common in autoimmune disease? Also if anyone has had any of the deficincies, what were your symptoms????? Plese, I need some guidence!!

Thanks

Sarah,
    I knew I was going to die, Got prayed up and even wrote letters to my loved ones. I did eventually get better. My joints still hurt and muscles as well but I'm getting a little better at handling things and with my thyroid levels up I can get up and move again. I don't know if the pain is associated with the thyroid or not. I remember aching like the flu kind of. I have hurt so much with Lupus its hard to say.
    Hope you are feeling better real soon. I have had anemia. I cook in cast iron now to help with the iron. I don't want to take a supplement for that, it'll clog up the plumbing! You hang on and if you don't feel better in a few days call the doc. Best wishes, BJ

Thanks

Hillbillie,
    So when u said that you eventually got better, how long did it take?? lol.I feel like I cant go another day with this horrible aching feeling!!
    It does feel like the flu, aching everywhere!!!..and actually other than my hands and wrists, my joints dont feel too bad. That is why I'm concerned..its different kindof pain than I'm used to. My mom called the Dr. and i'm once again, headding in in a few hrs, to get more blood test done. i'll let u know how it goes. Thanks again for your help ..
    -Sarah

Thanks

FYi, went to the dr today. He ordered a ton of blood test. The nurse stuck me a few times and couldnt get a vein...UGH!!! i got frustrated, and decided to go home and go back tom for the draw...so no progress YET!!! Still in bed feeling like crap o la!!

Thanks

Oh my... I *hate* it when a blood draw goes bad... I feel for you, Sarah2010! FWIW, I took me at least 6 months' worth of backing and forthing between the doc, the lab and back again, in order to get my levels even close to the low-end of "normal" (what is "normal" anyway??... tic). It was a gradual improvement. Anyway, in the meantime, my arthritic-like symptoms were very severe. As Hillbillie mentioned, I was sure I was going to die. I thought surely I had cancer again... Thankfully (I think... tic again), it's "just" lupus...