Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I was in the Hospital for 6 Days and went to the Emergency Room Three Times

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh DOW..I am so sorry that you are in such pain. Is the pain primarily due to the kidney stone? I hope they agree to disintegrating it sooner for you. I can't imagine having to deal with that pain and the UTI at the same time. My heart goes out to you and I am sending you warm hugs....Please let us know how it goes on Wednesday. In the meantime, know that you are in my thoughts.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey DOW
    How are you doing now? Feeling any better?

Nonna

Feeling better and perservering

Blog Entries
    Thanks

hi drink,

so sorry to hear about the kidney stones....i just recently suffered with gallstones, and life is just not fun when they are attacking. I hope you get rid of them very soon, and that you get some relief from the pain. Hang in there...keep us posted.
    Phyllis

share a smile today

Blog Entries
    Thanks

OMG that sounds flippin awful my friend.Im so glad you are a little better and so hope they get rid of it quick for you OUCH!!!!! Thinking of you .

Love
    Amanda.xxxxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

I hope all goes well for you! I will keep you in my thoughts. Please keep us posted

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I saw my Dr. not long ago. I am speaking of my regular Dr. He told me to get on the "call back" list for the urologist. Apparently, my body just doesn't like the stent that was put in and the stone is the cause of most of the pain and the blood in the urine. I see the urologist on the 1st of July, unless he has a cancellation, then I could possibly see him sooner. I am still in a lot of pain and nausea bothers me sometimes. I was very concerned about having regular bowel movements after all the painkillers. After having taken a product called "Golytely" which is used to ready people for a barium enema, I am getting back to normal again as far as my bowels are concerned. Hopefully, they will "blast" the kidney stone soon.

Thanks

Hope you feel better soon, good luck!
    Happiness is a choice, lets all choose!

Thanks

Are Kidney stones, gaul stones and UTI's common in lupus patients?? This sounds terrible!!! I hope u are feeling better!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sarah I don't know if kidney stones, gall stones and UTI's are common in lupus patients. I am sure someone will come along and answer your question soon.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well everyone I am getting pre-op procedures done for the upcoming surgery tomorrow. It took all day yesterday because, for one thing, I was having a hard time giving a urine sample for presurgery purposes. Finally, at the end of the day, I was able to provide one. I must have been a little dehydrated and had to hydrate myself by drinking lots of liquid. The good news is that they will blast this stone tomorrow, but the bad news is that I will still have to have this stent in for another 7 to 10 days and it is very painful. Then it will have to be removed and I will have to go under an anesthetic again for that procedure. This whole episode with the stone has been a nightmare. First, the stent, to open up the blockage of urine, then the infection and 6 days in the hospital, now the procedure to blast the stone, and then the removal of the stent. I have never had so many surgerys, and procedures in a given time period. Of course, I am nervous, as the time gets closer to the lithotripsy. I hope everything will go smoothly.
    Last edited by DrinkofWtr; 08-03-2010 at 12:23 PM.