Thread: numb tongue, no insurance

Thanks

Question numb tongue, no insurance

I woke up yesterday morning and my tongue was numb. Just the tip of it. Still numb today. I have Rhaynauds in my toes and fingers but what is the tongue all about? I looked it up on line and it says it has to do with nerve damage or pressure being applied to the spinal chord in the area that has to do with the nerves in your tongue. The other diagnosis where a plant poisoning, food allergy or the onset of M.S. Haven't had anything new in my diet, haven't put any plants in my mouth lately, and god willing it isn't m.s.

Any one else have this happen to them? please let me know what I should do. I have no health insurance right now so i don't want to go to the docs if it's not neccessary. Thanks, Lucy Lu

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Lucy,

I've never had numbness in my tongue, usually my tongue and mouth are nothing but painful sores. I have MS as well as SLE, and I do experience numbness from the effects of MS, mostly in my right leg and foot. Lupus can also cause CNS problems. If this problem persists, you may want to consider seeing a neurologist if you haven't already.

Rob

PS- Welcome to our group!
    Last edited by rob; 06-19-2010 at 10:35 AM.