Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is my rheumy a quack? I need your opinion.

Thanks

From what I have read here, there are alot of these quacks out there, all over the world.
    I just want these jerks to walk in our shoes for a while, they would change their minds very quickly.
    But from now on ,I look at it this way, these Drs are working for us, if he can't perform
    he will get FIRED.
    I am sick of being looked at, like I am an idiot, know nothing and have to jump through his hoops.
    From now on, he is going to jump through mine, or else.
    Now I am all fired up. I am in so much pain and he doesn't give a damn.
    " Here take this vitamin and call me in the morning," is not going to fly.

Debbie

Thank you for everybodies input.
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post
    From what I have read here, there are alot of these quacks out there, all over the world.
    I just want these jerks to walk in our shoes for a while, they would change their minds very quickly.
    But from now on ,I look at it this way, these Drs are working for us, if he can't perform
    he will get FIRED.
    I am sick of being looked at, like I am an idiot, know nothing and have to jump through his hoops.
    From now on, he is going to jump through mine, or else.
    Now I am all fired up. I am in so much pain and he doesn't give a damn.
    " Here take this vitamin and call me in the morning," is not going to fly.

Debbie

Thank you for everybodies input.
    Debbie,

As my Drill Sgt. once told me way back when I graduated from basic training-

"Private, you are definitley born again hard."

I think this saying definitley applies to you now. You stick to your guns!

Carry on.

Rob

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

debbie-b (06-26-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Let us know how you get on.

Love
    Amanda.xxxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Throw bread on the ground and see what happens.

Definitely sounds like a quack, I hope you can fnd another one soon that's a lot better.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunniebun View Post
    Throw bread on the ground and see what happens.

Definitely sounds like a quack, I hope you can fnd another one soon that's a lot better.
    I just raed this for the second time and now I have GOT IT. LOL

Debbie

PS I am busy putting the bread crumbs down.
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

your doctor is a good one if he is risking his liability to tell you that you need vitamins instead of following prescription protocol just to hide behind the drug companies protection. he is correct in doing so. magnesium will not show deficient in a serum test it has to be a loading test but you can be safe to assume that if you have lupus, you need magnesium. these diseases are caused by an imbalance in electrlytes and the hormones that move them throughout your body
    vitamin D is one of these hormones and cortisol is another (cortisol is natural prednisone). YOU DO NOT HAVE CONTROL OF YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM IF YOU DONT HAVE CONTROL OF YOUR ELECTROLYTES.
    everywhere we go on the face of this earth we have our immune systems and our electrlytes to regulate our pH balence and ensure that we can absorb the stresses of our envirment and environmental changes we undergo. IT is a bold faced lie to say that the only thing involved is our immune system and the place it attacks. these diseases are PAN systemic. BTW collegen and elastin need vitamin C for synthesis.

cortisol is one of the hormones that cotrol the movement of potassium out of the cell and sodium in. becoming potassium deficient (hypokalemia) is inevitable in these hormonal imbalences then a magnesium deficiency will follow and secondary hyperparathyroidism occurs along with vitamin D intolerance. you cannot correct hypokalemia with out magnesium. but with out hormones to contol all of this and by now your cortisol deficiency has reverberated to other hormones, you will hyper correct this and swing to the opposite grade. your body will occilate and wax and wane. you will start to feel every environmental stress because now you are like a car without shocks feeling every bump in the road. even the emotional stress of others will be felt by you and you will start to avoid things because you instinctively know the effects on you body

so yes nutrition is absolutey important. so take some vitamin K for those low platlets cuz vitamin K is named after the germen word "KOAGULATION" we make platelets with K and we make K with the intestinal flora so you are low on bifidus and acidophilis.

Moderator warning-
    Do not derail threads. Please stay on topic.
    Last edited by rob; 07-06-2010 at 02:52 AM. Reason: Warning

Thanks

Hi Ricketyrose,

I do understand, how important vitamins and minerals are.
    But that the doctor claims, that taking all these vit and min., will take all my pain away, is pretty
    ignorant of him, especially when all my levels are normal at this time.
    And believe me, I have tried everything he told me, but my pain is the same.
    You can't fix everything with vitamins.

Debbie

Thanks

sorry mr moderator but it is quite relevent to what she was asking that remission can and has been acheived through vitamin therapy and her doctor is not a quack. I have acheived remission through vitamins. her doctor is right. however if any of us would rather trust pfizer and merck to cure us then know that is it way too profitable to keep us sick.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Just because it can and has been achieved and may have worked for you does not mean its going to work for everyone. Glad it worked for you but it's not working for Debbie and it's also a route that won't work for me either, so she has every right to find another doctor. I would think it would also depend on the severity of the condition too, since not all of us are the same there either, infact I can't even go off the drugs I am on because I will get worse and I know its true because I've already been there.
    The fact is he is not listening to her and keep's pushing her down a road that is doing nothing for her, so in her eye's, YES he IS a quack, these people are supposed to listen to us and help us and only WE know how we feel, nobody can tell us otherwise, plus her levels are normal, and she's STILL in pain, so has she achieved remission? No, does she want to keep suffering? No. I'm sure there are a lot of drug companies who enjoy making a huge profit off certain drugs, but back in the day people were DYING from this disease, so...I just don't believe that just vitamins can simply save everyone.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ricketyrose View Post
    sorry mr moderator but it is quite relevent to what she was asking that remission can and has been acheived through vitamin therapy and her doctor is not a quack. I have acheived remission through vitamins. her doctor is right. however if any of us would rather trust pfizer and merck to cure us then know that is it way too profitable to keep us sick.
    Conspiracy theories about drug manufacturers is not what this thread is about. If you wish to discuss such things, you are free to start your own thread in the appropriate forum.

Rob