Thread: Fingers going numb

Thanks

Default Fingers going numb

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has problems with their fingers going numb and if you do, what do you do for it? I know I have small artery problems in my fingers and toes, but the numbness in my fingers is getting worse.

Thanks

Hello Tootles, surprised no one has replied yet. The numbness in your fingers is usually associated with Rhaynauds disease or a close cousin to it. I'm not sure if I spelt that correctly but look it up and i'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. Many lupus patients get this symptom especially in the winter, for me it comes and goes. good luck with your search

Thanks

Has your doctor given you exact name for it? As Lucy Lu said, Raynaud's is a common cause for that complaint (changes in temperature, emotional stress and other things can trigger it in fingerd and other areas with small blood vessels), but there can be other reasons, too, like neuropathy.

I'd definitely ask your doctor more about it (I hate it when doctors won't tell you the actual name for a diagnosis...if nothing else, it makes it harder if you switch doctors, especially if your doctor doesn't keep good notes or you have trouble getting those records).
    --Dar
    Neuropsychiatric (aka CNS) Lupus