Thread: Laryngitis

Thanks

Default Laryngitis

Hey everyone,
    for the past few months i have had laryngitis on and off every few weeks..its driving me nuts!!! I dont yell i talk to much but somehow i keep getting it. Does anyone know what could cause this?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I don't know what causes it. But I too have run into this. My voice is a lot more husky than usual and weaker than normal.

nonna

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Chronic laryngitis is an inflammatory process and Lupus is a disease that can cause inflammation throughout the body.
    Systemic diseases, mostly autoimmune, can cause chronic laryngitis.

• Systemic lupus erythematous may cause laryngeal ulceration, erythema, and edema. Rheumatoid type nodules and necrotizing vasculitis can also be caused by SLE.
    • With rheumatoid arthritis, the joints and the mucosa of the larynx can be affected to the same extent that other parts of the body are affected.

So, it is a known fact that laryngitis and lupus are inter-related.

I know that this is not good news, but it does give you an answer to your question.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ah ha, that answers something that I have been wondering for a while too.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

This is a problem I've had for years now. My voice is very raspy and I don't have the volume any more. My mother says I sound like Marlon Brando in The Godfather. Maybe I should make Lupus an offer it can't refuse...

Thanks

thank you for all that information.. of course starting yesterday the laryngitis came back!! ugh its soo annoying every few weeks it comes n steals my voice again!! Also some information to add.. I had to see a cardiologist because i have been having chest pain and a very high heart rate with blood pressure issues aswell.i went on a 24 heart monitor. i just got off the phone with him with my results and he says my heart ranges from 54-140 with some abnormal beats....along with that my blood pressure drops low too...I have to get a tilt table test done as well as other doctors opinions. so i am hoping i get a few answers. but has anyone else experienced this or possibly know if its relative to lupus?