Thread: anyone with information about Missouri?

Thanks

Default anyone with information about Missouri?

I am checking into a job in Centralia, Missouri. anybody have any doctor info or general info for the area?
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

Hi Jim,
    I noticed that no one had replied to your question. I grew up near St. Louis, Mo. and it will always remain dear to my heart.
    The AF sent Jeff to University of Mo. at Columbia for his EE degree. I think that Centralia is in that general area. We were very young and had no health problems then, so I have no direct experience with docs in the area. The university has an outstanding med school, so I would think that you should be able to find some good ones in Columbia, Mo. Of course, St. Louis has both Washington Univ. and St. Louis Univ. (my alma mater), which both have major trauma centers and research hospitals.
    I LOVE that area. I much prefer having four seasons, which are lovely there. The fall weather is outstanding, and I miss it terribly. If you like outdoors activities, Lake of The Ozarks can't be beat. Unfortunately, Branson has become commercialized. It wasn't that way when I was a kid. If you like sports, The St. Louis Cardinals are the greatest. I grew up making trips to the stadium to root for the Cards. There is so much to see and do in St. Louis, it would take you a long, long time to do it all.
    OK, I guess that you can tell that I'm a St. Louis girl, and this is making me homesick.
    I hope that the job search works out for you - let me know if you move to my beloved Missouri.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Ahh, yeshhh... good ole Saint Louie louie... I miss it too, magistramarla. Sorry, scubagramplit, but I also can't help with docs in the central MO area. It's been too long since I was there. Like magistramarla, I'd be tempted to inquire about docs at the university, also.

Thanks

Thank you both for the info, as things have changed for the better at my current location I believe I will be staying put for a while.
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

Glad things are improving for you, scubagramplit. Missouri is nice, don't get me wrong (*much* prettier than Indiana)... but you're in a very nice location there in CA...

Thanks

Thanks jmail, you must be familiar with the Chico area. I work in Oroville, wow I'm thinkin they have a bit of a drug problem there, where are you located?

Thanks

I wouldn't call myself familiar with the Chico area, but we've vacationed all around your area a couple of times now.

I was born and raised in the St. Louis, MO area (GO CARDINALS!!!) (sorry 'bout that, can't help myself at times), but our family is originally from the southeastern MO area, so we spent a good bit of time down that a-way. I did a good bit of dirt bike racing in my day, and we frequented tracks and riding areas in the Columbia and Jeff City areas. One of my brothers moved to the Lake Of The Ozarks area, so I've been there a good bit, and of course, a Missourian just HAS to go to Table Rock Lake and Branson at least once in their lifetime, so I've been there several times, making certain that we stop at the Bass Pro Shop on the way in and out... lol - Needless to say, I'm rather familiar with central & southern MO. Anyway, in the meantime, my job moved me to the Indianapolis, IN area about 25 years ago, and I *still* have a hard time getting used to the lack of undulation to the topography... and there's hardly any rocks 'roun' these here partz... The folks in this area are great, other than the fact that Indy is trying to become "big city-fied"... ee-yuck. So I live out in the urban area, and have been watching the city encroach on us. I can retire in 6 years - if I make it that far, Lord willing - and we plan to retire to the southern MO area, hopefully somewhere around Eminence or there-a-bouts.

Wow, somebody's "wordie" this mornin'...

Thanks

Red face

Hey jmail,
    As you saw in my earlier post, I was also born and raised in the St. Louis area. I was born in Alton, Ill. and my mothers' family came from Calhoun Co. Ill. and my father's from Ramsey, Ill.
    I also did my share of time on Table Rock Lake and at the Osage Beach Resort as a teen.
    I graduated from St. Louis University and met my husband there (he had come there from upstate NY). We lived in Columbia, Mo. when the AF sent my hubby there for an EE degree. We left good old Missouri in 1983 and haven't managed to get back much since. We've lived in Oklahoma, Ohio, Texas and now California.
    Unlike you, I'm a city girl, and St. Louis is one of my favorite cities.
    We're not sure yet where we might want to live when Jeff retires, but St. Louis is one of the possibilities.
    Always great to meet another fan of the Show-me state (GO CARDINALS!!!).
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

One big pull for us to mighty MO is the fact that it's cheaper than most areas to buy and to live. All ya gotta worry about is the New Madrid Fault, and when it's gonna cut loose.

I used to work up in East Alton ocassionally, down into Woodriver and Mitchell. I knew a few folks that lived near Alton, up by Pere Marquette State Park in Illinois. My mom's dad used to pilot river boats in the area.

I got us off-topic from scubagramplit's op... sorry...