Thread: Thyroid

Thanks

Default Thyroid

Hello all...How many of you lupies out there also have a thyroid issue?? Is this common?? I found out today my thyroid count (or whatever my thyroid number means) went from a 5.5 in March to a whopping 150 when it was tested yesterday!!! No wonder I feel like poo hugh?? Synthroid is now on the daily menu
    -Sarah

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Sarah,
    I have thyroid issues. Mine went wild then died. I had to have it removed 3 times. I've been on synthroid for 30 years. Lupus goes hand in hand with other AI diseases. the one for the thyroid is called Hashimoto's disease; with both it is hard to say where the symptoms apply. Fatigue will be your major problem until your count settles to a normal figure. Check in with an endocrenologist is my best advise. GP's are great but don't always prescribe the needed dosages.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer.
    Nonna

Thanks

yep, I too have hypothyroid issues. Synthroid is my medicine for that. I had it first and then years later found out about Lupus. I'm not sure if its linked or not as hypothyroid runs in our family. Lupus has not as far as we know... maybe a grandmother she had issues with her joints. It makes me feel lifeless when I am out of balance.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Sarah,
    I have been going through some thyroid scares this year. It caused me to look deeper into the issue. I stated a thread about thyroid information sites about 2 months ago. If you search my threads on my profile or "thyroid" in the search box on the upper right, you will find it and perhaps be able to answer some of your questions.
    Sandy
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I was put on Meloxicam for my hypothyroidism (it's not the disease though). I was diagnosed May 21 of this year.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa