Thread: please help

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Question please help

have just recieved a letter with a copy of a letter that was sent to my gp saying my urine confirmed haematuria and heavy e coli growth and that could they reffer me on to a urologist could anyone explain any more what does it all mean??? does mean i have kidney involvement?? only time i have heard of urologist is the big C you can imagine this has freaked me out slightly!!! thanks for any help xx

Thanks

Actually, it sounds like you have a UTI (urinary tract infection) caused by E. Coli bacteria. UTIs can cause hematuria (blood in the urine). Infections tend to be more common in those with lupus, especially if you're on anything for it that suppresses the immune system.

Hopefully the urologist will explain it better and put you on the right meds to get rid of the infection.
    --Dar
    Neuropsychiatric (aka CNS) Lupus

Blog Entries
    Thanks

thanks for replying starting to feel more at ease about it now its just all the jargon words and not knowing what they're going on about!! xx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Glad Dar could help you Heidi.Try and relax now.Thinking of you.xxxxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Why do they ALWAYS make things sound SO much worse? Hang in there sweetie. I will pray that u get it all worked out.
    A good friend will help you move, a GREAT friend will help you move a body . . . Let me know if I need to bring a shovel!!!