Thread: This isn't a suggestion, but positive feedback

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default This isn't a suggestion, but positive feedback

Hope this ok to post this here.

Just wanted to say that the "Thank you" feature is a great idea. I've seen places that allow you to rate users in other ways, such as by the sheer number of posts made.

You have this feature, but limit to cute changes in people's titles that don't really pass judgment like others often do (because quantity of posts shouldn't be the only measure of a person's worth on a support site).

But the "Thank you" feature is a way of helping users boost their self-esteem w/o turning into a fierce competition that wouldn't do well in a support group environment while also providing users a simple way of thanking others for their input and support.

I just wanted to say that I think it was a good choice.
    --Dar
    Neuropsychiatric (aka CNS) Lupus

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dar View Post
    Hope this ok to post this here.

Just wanted to say that the "Thank you" feature is a great idea. I've seen places that allow you to rate users in other ways, such as by the sheer number of posts made.

You have this feature, but limit to cute changes in people's titles that don't really pass judgment like others often do (because quantity of posts shouldn't be the only measure of a person's worth on a support site).

But the "Thank you" feature is a way of helping users boost their self-esteem w/o turning into a fierce competition that wouldn't do well in a support group environment while also providing users a simple way of thanking others for their input and support.

I just wanted to say that I think it was a good choice.
    Thanks for the positive feedback Dar. I just "mind the store" here so to speak. This site and pretty much all of it's features are the product of Conrad, and Saysusie. They have created a great place for us to all get together here. One of the main ideas here is to be inclusive to as many people as possible, and a new member with a handful of posts is valued as much as people who's post count is in the thousands. And the only place here where anything borders on competetive is in the arcade, as it should be. People really get a chuckle out of the ever changing user titles, and the thank you feature, which is a fairly new feature, is really nice. With the thank yo feature, there is no cumulative award or prize in the traditional sense. The real prize is knowing you made a small difference, and helped someone. We're glad you like the site!

Rob
    Your hopefully humble moderator

PS-The user titles are cool, but I have to admit I was relieved when I finally graduated from Dung Beetle to Subterranean Hairless Mole.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ditto to everything that Rob said! He does so much more than just "minding the store". I, too love the animal features and was really pleased and surprised with the "Thank You" feature as well. I am glad that you are happy with the site

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!