Threaded View

Thanks

Default Food and diet II

Continued from thread titled Food and diet
    (Sorry about the delay...Life happened)

Nuts and seeds:
    Almonds, Flaxseed/Linseed, Hazelnuts, Sunflower Seeds, Walnuts

Fish:
    Cod, Halibut, Herring, Oysters, Rainbow Trout, Salmon, Sardines, Snapper Fish, Striped Bass, Tuna, Whitefish

Oils:
    Avocado Oil
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Drinks:
    Green Tea

Now mind you this is merely a list of the anti-inflammatories it doesn't mean they're all good for us. In fact, a lot of the veggies aren't good for us. Those belonging to the nightshade family for instance.
    Again, here's a list of the Nightshades:

potatoes (excluding sweet pots.), tomatoes, eggplant, sweet peppers, chili peppers (but not black pepper), paprika, tobacco and petunias. As well as Bella donna.

Inflammatory foods we should stay clear of:

Shellfish, red meat, the four major whites....salt, sugar, flour and dairy, chemical sweetners, alchohol and caffeine and processed foods.

I know the list seems endless and trust me trying to avoid all of those at once was a nightmare. But if you slowly take out a few things at a time you may find you feel better. Peppers and red meat made me sluggish. I love red meat but found I like feeling well much more. On occasion when my husb. and I go out for dinner I'll get a filet. It's a nice treat. Now, I think it goes with out saying that any foods that you buy or grow organically are much better for you. Hormones are not so good for Lupus patients. Also when eating fish you should stay away from the bottom feeders as you are ingesting everything they ingested and they don't have the best diets. Hoping you found this informational.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy Lu For This Useful Post:

Hillbillie (06-01-2010)