Hello all, Lucy Lu here. While I was looking around at the forums I noticed that there weren't any on Lupus and diet. I may of course have missed them but since I didn't see any I thought perhaps people would like to share what they find helpful to thier bodies and most importantly harmful.

While trying to find a healthy Lupus diet online I met with a lot of resistance and some quality info. on diet. Mostly resistance. I am aware there is no "Lupus Diet" per say but if certain foods affect people more than others why not look into either adding them to my family meals or keeping them out of my kitchen. Here is a list of ones that seem to help/and or hurt.

anti-inflammatories:
Bell Peppers, Bok Choy, Broccoli, Broccoli Sprouts, BrusselsSprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Chard, Collards, Fennel Bulb, Garlic, Green Beans, Green Onions/Spring Onions, Kale, Leeks, Olives, Spinach, Sweet potatoes, Turnip Greens .

And those are just the veggies. Now on to the fruits

Acerola (West Indian) Cherries, Apples, Avocados, Black Currants, Blueberries, Fresh Pineapple, Guavas, Kiwifruit, Kumquats, Lemons, Limes, Mulberries, Oranges, Papaya, Raspberries, Rhubarb,
Strawberries, Tomatoes.

Continued on a second thread titled Food and diet II