Thread: Any Men with Lupus on this forum?

Thanks

Default Any Men with Lupus on this forum?

I know I am among the minor 10% of Lupus sufferers who is a man. So I'd like to get some support and feedback from what other men are going through.
    Thanks.

Thanks

Default Any Men with Lupus on this forum?

Wherlan: Hi and Welcome to our site, I guess you would say I'm our resident MALE MODERATOR with Lupus. I am diagnosed with BOTH SLE and DISCOID LUPUS and have quite a few of the usual auto-immune diseases that go along with Lupus.
    Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have or if ya just want to talk.

I'm just coming back from a major relapse and having a spinal disorder treated.
    I am ususllly here on a daily basis to check to see if there are any new posts.
    I just returned yesterday after a 2 week
    battle, but hopefully I can keep things in order and stay away from the docs for awhile and move on with my life.

If you feel that what you want to post is a private matter please feel free to email me at Voodoo_funk13@hotmail.com

God Bless

Regards,
    stjames

Thanks

Default Thanks

Thanks for the WELCOME!
    I am sorry about your recent relapse battle and hospital stay.
    How long have you known you had Lupus?
    I will think of you in my prayers.
    God Bless you too.
    Wes

Thanks

Default male with lupus

hi folks, im also a male with lupus, I have been dx 3 1/2 yrs. ago and we think we might have it in remission right now.
    i am disable and on social security, i have lost my whole life almost over this desease, but Im still kicking,
    good luck ,

rushman8

Thanks

Default Me too

I thought I was the only male here! I was diagnosed about 6 months ago. Had SLE for about 4 years. Would love to email or chat any time to other men with our condition.

brian_mosher2002@yahoo.com

Take Care everybody!
    Brian M

Thanks

Default Hello Men: Brian_Mosher & rushman8

It is great to finally see some other men on this forum. I have not seen any since Feb 03. Support is so important with this illness since setbacks and not feeling well all the time can be very discouraging.
    Thank God I am doing better since Oct 02, but still not in remission and I have to watch my level of activity to keep my energy level managed. I was finally positively diagnosed 2-1/2 yrs ago, but have been struggling with the symptoms atleast 8 yrs before that.
    In Oct 02 I finally discovered that diet plays a tremendous role in contributing to this illness' affect on the body, i.e. pain and fatigue as a result. Let me know if you want more info on this and I'll be glad to let you know what I have discovered from various sources. My altered diet and nutritional supplements enables me to keep working and enjoy my children and limited physical exercise. In addition, since Jan. 03 this is the first winter in 5 years I have not been bedridden sick, and I am now off antidepressants!
    Hang in there. This illness can throw some hard punches, but there is hope to get some if not most of your life back.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hey Wherlan; Good to hear from you again.....haven't seen you in a while. I, too, am glad to see men on this forum (including you!).
    I am really glad that you are finding some means to control your disease. Diet and nutrition are very important! With any illness, we just cannot continue to do what we have always done and expect to overcome our illness. Being willing to make changes, sometimes even drastic changes, in our lives is not always easy. But, necessary!
    I hope that you continue to do well and that you never have another bedridden winter
    Hope to continue to hear from you
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Hi! My brother was just diognized as LSE last month. He showed the sympthom almost last year, but we thought that it was a spained ankle...
    A year before, we thought he got a TB...guess, it was the sign of LSE, too.

He is now on medication and still has the burning feel on his ankle/leg. It is nice to hear you all sharing in this forum.
    Can you guys give some advice on how I could help him? so...he wont be sad or depressed as this feeling should be avoided, right?

Has there a cure found for this yet?

Thanks

Hi Wherlan,
    I just got the good news last week i have sle. I am trying as well to meet other men for support etc... I am just trying to keep a positive attitude at this point and hoping for the best. Brian has been a great source of info for me. He is the only other male I knew until he gave me a link to this site. I am 44 and live in Oklahoma. Would love to hear from any others who have this stuff too.
    Take care,
    Bill.