Thread: Swollen lymph nodes

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Swollen lymph nodes

This morning I woke up with a very sore neck and bump on the left side. I reached my hands up and felt around the left and it is VERY tender and painful where the gland is just under my ear/chin. I was JUST at the doctor the other day and I really don't feel like going back. I don't think I have a cold as I just had one as well as strep throat, and I don't think I feel one coming. Is this an infection? Or a virus? Or part of my disorder? I don't feel sicker than the way I usually feel each day, but I guess if it doesn't go away or gets worse I'll go back in. I've taken some advil to see if that helps.

Thanks,
    Tanya

Thanks

I haven't had them, but swollen glands were mentioned as being very common in Sjogren's. I'm betting that it is common in lupus and other AI conditions, too. I'm sure that Saysusie will be able to tell you. You probably should mention this to your doc, just to get it on your record.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks, its gone down a bit today but I can still feel it. I still don't feel like going all the way down to see him but I will mention him the next time I do have to go back.

Thanks

Swollen glands are a big part of my Sjogrens. Sometimes they are so noticeable, especially in my neck, that you can see them pushing out. From what I have observed over the years, it means Im heading into a particularly bad inflammation somewhere in my body, not always related to the location of that particular gland. They're annoying, uncomfortable, but, there really isnt anything you can do about it but endure and know that it is a symptom of inflammation. I get them everywhere, including below my jaw back by my ear.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks guys, I had a feeling it had something to do with my disorders. I will be bringing it up at my next Rheum appointment in July. They are not as swollen as when it first started, but they still hurt so I bet something is going on in me somewhere.