Thread: bronchitis

Thanks

Default bronchitis

i have had bronchitis at least 8 times in the last year. a couple weeks ago i had it for the seventh time. just when i thought that i was completly over it -wham-its back. ugh!!!!!!!!!!! i hate this. i started to think that it was lupus related even though i haven't been diagnosed yet. but now my husband has bronchitis too. do any of you have problems with recurring respiatory infections like bronchitis? do your spouses/partners get it more often from being exposed to your frequent bouts of it? has anybody quit smoking within the last year or so and had more respriatory problems since?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I too get bronchitis and colds very often, and when I have them they can stay as long as 3 months or more. I was always told its because my immune system isn't there to battle infections and viruses because it's too busy beating up the good guys. I also have mild asthma and I have never been a smoker.
    Have you talked to your doctor about it? Had chest x-rays? Are you on antibiotics?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pjreeses View Post
    i have had bronchitis at least 8 times in the last year. a couple weeks ago i had it for the seventh time. just when i thought that i was completly over it -wham-its back. ugh!!!!!!!!!!! i hate this. i started to think that it was lupus related even though i haven't been diagnosed yet. but now my husband has bronchitis too. do any of you have problems with recurring respiatory infections like bronchitis? do your spouses/partners get it more often from being exposed to your frequent bouts of it? has anybody quit smoking within the last year or so and had more respriatory problems since?
    I am dealing with a bout of bronchitis right now. So not happy at the moment. I have been sick since last weekend. For me, it is allergy related. I had an allergy attack last week that has turned into a sinus infection that moved into my lungs and became bronchitis and laryngitis. I've been on steriod inhaler and prednisone since Wednesday. I am finally feeling a little better today. Still a hacking (mostly dry) cough and a feeling like my lungs are being tickle tortured with feathers. I used to get a lot of bronchitis and strep when I was younger and the last few years it is mostly all sinus infections and allergies. I had to quit smoking 4 years ago b/c I kept getting one respiratory infection after another and now with the sarcoidosis, I am hypersensative about being around smoke and other irratants. At the moment, I have to stop doing the things I like best like volunteering at the dog shelter and going to the park and even the things I don't like like dusting b/c everytime I feel a little better and then go back to my normal activities, I get much sicker. I have been at the ENT 6 or 7 times this year alone. I completely understand your frustration right now and hope you feel better soon too!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Thanks

thanks, just knowing that i'm not alone helps a little. i am very frustrated. everytime i want to resume exercising, or even just normal everyday activities i get sick again. it seems like it takes me a long time to get my energy levels back up. ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm just so ready for a break.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pjreeses View Post
    thanks, just knowing that i'm not alone helps a little. i am very frustrated. everytime i want to resume exercising, or even just normal everyday activities i get sick again. it seems like it takes me a long time to get my energy levels back up. ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm just so ready for a break.
    me too! everyone is at the beach and BBQs this weekend. I am supposed to be at my family's but my sister is 6 mos pregnant. I am also very frustrated! Zumba and dog walks are out for now.
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I used to get bronchitis every year. I believe it was lupus related and that it had to do with the lungs being one of the organs in my system being less immune resistant. Lately, my pulmonary problems haven't been as severe, and I haven't had it for a couple of years.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I get bronchitis at least twice a year except for this year. I tend to think it's because I started to take the plaquinel. This year I just have some mild congestion in the tubes. I am so amazed. It's so long since I've not been burdened with a heavy cough

do you take plaq?

nonna
    Last edited by Nonna; 06-03-2010 at 05:51 PM.