Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lady Gaga and Lupus

Thanks

Default Lady Gaga and Lupus

I don't know if anyone here is a fan of Lady Gaga, but I just spotted this on the CNN site. She has a connection to Lupus.
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/cele...ex.html?hpt=T3
    Marla

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Not a fan, and I don't really know much about her other than she's become a household name I hear alot. Hope she doesn't have Lupus, but if she does, I hope she would use her popularity to increase awareness.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I didn't get to meet her personally, but she came to see our ZAIA Cirque show last year when she did a performance at the Venetian in Macau. Um.....without getting into gossip I'll just say that her lifestyle can be a little exhausting.... She was supposed to do a photo shoot with us after the show but she was.....um.... not in a state to do that.

Will be interesting to see if it's just lifestyle that's getting her right now or there's an underlying cause.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've heard of her and seen reports about her, all of which hint about her excessive lifestyle. I, too, hope that she does not have Lupus or any type of auto-immune disorder, but if she does, her current lifestyle does very little to further our cause :-(

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I only wonder how long she will be able to keep up her fanatic lifestyle, if indeed, she has lupus?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I like her music and her fashion is so fab.But i wouldnt be able to wear it.I'll go look at the link,thanks.Funny...Conrad...yes once the fame hits the lifestyle follows!
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I read about this yesterday as well. I also read that her Aunt had Lupus and the article stated that she died from it as well. Not sure when that happened or how accurate it was but that is what was going around the rumor mill yesterday

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'll check out the link. I really do hope that she doesn't have it, and I'm not a fan. My friend listens to her alot though. I've got feelings mixed between Rob and Saysusie. Sadly, I doubt that her fame will do anything for Lupus. Unless they bring it up more often, then it's more like a passing fancy type of thing. It's the same thing about new people learning about Rod Stewart and Thyroid cancer. If you don't catch it on the new or comercial, it turns into a word-of-mouth conversation. Again though, I really hope that awarness can be spread, whether or not she has it.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much"- Mother Teresa

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I do a fair amount of clubbing here in Macau. "Poker Face" is still played every night - several times.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I do a fair amount of clubbing here in Macau. "Poker Face" is still played every night - several times.
    Have you heard the version of that done by a young boy (about 12) that is the latest Youtube hit? I like it much better!
    As long as this body works, I am going to enjoy life to the fullest for each second of every moment that I can.