Thread: Sjogrens

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Sjogrens

I just got dx with Sjogrens from my eyes. ALso it appears my disease is now attacking my eyes and my lenses are detaching. On the same pweek I found out my momma has sjogrns
    32 YO Wife, Mother and Advocate
    Lupus - Subclavian Bypass May of 2009. Ectopic Lentis, Scoliosis(not lupus related)
    Current medications: Aspirin, Plaquenil, multi vitamins, folic acid, Methotrexate, Tramadol PRN

You can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/sororenotis
    Please tell me you are from here and who you are if you add me there.

I work full time and Leader for International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement
    http://www.iaamovement.org/

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Did your mother also just get diagnosed? I am sorry to hear that you now have Sjorgen's and that it is presenting you with problems. What, if anything, can be done about the detached lenses??

sending you gentle hugs

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well, we were thinking all these years it would be a simple cataract procedure. Not the case in connective tissue disease related detachments. Will have to just let them detach and deal with the problem then. In the interim using rewetting drops and will be starting restasis soon. I don't know yet if rheumatology is going to step up systemic treatments as usually whats going on in the eyes is going on elsewhere in the body. My mom has not got formal diagnosis yet but its kind of obvious because her glands are huge and she has no saliva and severely reduced tears, gastro issues, severe fatigue and other problems that has disabled her in the last year. Thankfully she is finally getting into rheumatology it just bothers me to see my momma go through this. I know as a mom/daughter family sharing an autoimmune condition that you and your daughter went through a lot together and you understand how much it sucks watching someone you love go through it. You helped me understand my mom's reaction to my illness better and improve my relationship with her - now I need some help learning how not to bite her doctors heads off when I feel like they're being idiots (its a protective reaction, I finally got her to get into the place I go to and they're really good doctors) My mom has more hope that she will get some better treatment now but this is very new to her. She might be on here soon to ask her questions - on Facebook she is the susan that comments on my facebook a lot. I don't know for sure if the Sjogren's is what is affecting my lenses - I am having some genetic testing done soon. I think I got freaked out and didn't know where else to turn. I couldn't find anything on autoimmune connective tissue diseases but I did see that it can affect the eyes. Thanks for your response Saysusie.
    32 YO Wife, Mother and Advocate
    Lupus - Subclavian Bypass May of 2009. Ectopic Lentis, Scoliosis(not lupus related)
    Current medications: Aspirin, Plaquenil, multi vitamins, folic acid, Methotrexate, Tramadol PRN

You can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/sororenotis
    Please tell me you are from here and who you are if you add me there.

I work full time and Leader for International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement
    http://www.iaamovement.org/

Thanks

Hi Girl,
    I recently went to a conference about Sjogren's, since it is one of the AI issues that I have, too. There were some great talks there, and I reported on several of them in the Laurie's Lounge Forum. I'll heve to go looking for them and bump them up for you.
    It sounds like your eyes are being affected much worse than mine. I just have some dryness, which the Restasis is helping with. I could never cry, even when I was a teen. Now, it all makes sense.
    I hope that both you and your Mom get some good treatment and start feeling better.
    Hugs,
    Marla