Thread: New reaction to hair color

Thanks

Default New reaction to hair color

Dont know if this is a symptom of Lupus for me or not, but, after years of bleaching my hair, with only minor reactions from my Lupus rashes to the chemicals, and a few times trying darkening my hair, I decided a few months ago to go Red. Well, after the first salon dye job, by a professional, my hair was so dry the next day it was actually like straw. It has stayed that way, and then about a week ago I had it redone at an Aveda salon and still it's so brittle it breaks off in two inch pieces and is falling out. Every time I brush it I end up with hair all over my bathroom counter and it fills my brush.

Ive never had a reaction like this, and had hoped it was just temporary. I've been treating it with special shampoos and conditioners, and putting leave in conditioner on it when it starts to feel dry. It's so disappointing that I may not be able to stay a red head because it's done so much for my mood to have such a dramatic change.

Anyone else have this happen?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

When was the last time you let your own color grow out completely and went for at least 6 months with out dye? This can happen when we over dye our hair. Mine turned to straw and started falling out when I did too much blonde. I ended up going very short and letting it go natural for quite a while.

GoodLuck
    nonna
    Last edited by Nonna; 05-28-2010 at 04:00 AM.

Thanks

It's been better than 10 years since I had my natural color. Usually I bleach it with Loreal hair dye, but, this is the first time I had it done by a professional, and had it colored. Ive been using a damage remedy from Aveda shampoo and conditioner and it is helping a lot.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm glad it's working. I know that professional dyes are stronger. I still think you might want to consider letting your hair and roots recover au naturelle. I'm doing my own hair tommorrow I use a box now.
    Nonna