Thread: 11 year old daughter has lupus from Gardasil vaccine

Thanks

Smile 11 year old daughter has lupus from Gardasil vaccine

Hello everyone;

My 11 year old daughter has Lupus from a Gardasil Vaccine she received for prevention of HPV on October 1st of 2009. It now looks like she has the real Lupus which is getting worse not better. she has been ill for 8 months and has missed at least 2 and a half months of school if not nearing 3 months.

http://no2vaccines4mylittlepooker.blogspot.com/

Faye

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mt second oldest grandaughter had part of this series and now she has trouble with her joints but she had an ana test done and it was negative but that does not always say that there is nothing to link lupus with this. I told my daughter right from the beginning that this vacine was not tested enough. Bonita

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello Faye;
    I am so sorry to hear that your daughter has developed this disease as a result of the vaccine. I know that there has been a lot of controversy about this vaccine and much of it was due to the fact that it can result in drug-induced Lupus. In fact, the list of adverse symptoms is quite extensive. You would think that they would make each parent/family aware of all of these adverse reactions and of any studies done regarding the vaccine prior to administering it.
    Is your daughter taking any medications for her Lupus? If so, what meds is she taking? Also, you say that she is getting worse and not better; can you share her symptoms with us? Perhaps we can give you some insight about her meds and share some of our experiences with dealing with her symptoms.
    Please know that we are here to help you help her in any way that we can. This forum is filled with knowledgeable, understanding, and informative people and there will always be someone here when you need us.
    I am posting a sticky regarding Gardisil and Menactra in the forum "Lupus Medications". I hope that the information will be helpful to you as well as to others who are considering the vaccine for their children.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Last edited by Saysusie; 05-26-2010 at 11:08 AM.
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,103 Times in 628 Posts

Hello Faye,

I'm sorry your daughter has been diagnosed with Lupus. I'm not very familiar with the vaccine Gardasil, so I googled gardasil+lupus and practically got the NYC phonebook. Thousands of articles and discussions. I do my best to keep up on all Lupus related subjects, so I will be doing some reading on this subject. Welcome to our group, and please make yourself at home here.

Rob

Thanks

I had that vaccine a few years ago and no one told me that it had bad side effects or that there could be a link to lupus. In fact they said I had to get it? I got it before I was diagnosed. I wonder if there's a connection. If so my doctors never mentioned it to me.

Thanks

I'm very sorry about your daughter. ]: I missed a lot of school too when I was younger, it's hard trying to tough out school with lupus it really is. I hope she's getting treatment and feels better soon.

They try to get me to get the vaccine a lot, and I always tell them I'm not comfortable with it since I've heard so many scary things. Definitely won't go through with it.

Just be there for your daughter and be supportive, trust me it helps. Seeing you on these forums though, it's obvious that you are. [:

Take care, and I hope your daughter's doing okay and as well as you.

Thanks

are you still on the site? i was wondering if your daughter is still experiencing symptoms?

Thanks

Hope your daughter is feeling better. It's hard to watch them go through this disease. It can be so unforgiving. My 12 yr. old daughter is due to have her third and final gardisil shot this Monday and had I known all of this it would have made me really think twice about her getting them! With Dylan having Lupus, the doctors said that Ally will automatically test positive for Lupus, but knowing this now and that it can bring it on..... Guess I'm gonna have to really watch her for symptoms. They never told me any of the side affects. Good luck! Oh, and she has had no adverse reaction from these shots. Thank God!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh that rough i'm sorry ya'll are going through that. I actually got my gardasil vaccine already but I already had lupus so I couldn't tell if their was an adverse affect.