Thread: Positive ANA/ Negative ANA?????????

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Question Positive ANA/ Negative ANA?????????

What does it mean to once have a positive ANA and then 2 mo later have a neg. I have been on plaqunil and prednisone since positive and was re ckd. and now neg. No symptoms since i started the treatment drugs!!! Im affraid if i stop meds symptoms will return!!!!!!!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

It means the meds are working. It means nothing as far as the disease itself goes. You can't live and die buy each new round of test results. Things will change. Just take a deep breath and worry about feeling better. Just be thankful that you found things that are making you feel better. That is the goal
    Last edited by tgal; 05-17-2010 at 10:05 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Lash (05-17-2010)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I had that an my rheumy try to tell me i don't have lupus and i was taking no meds. ask the dr asap. cause i think mine was a quack.
    Keep Smiling

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lupus is a disease that is different for each of us and it changes throughout the course of our life with this disease. Your negative ANA, as tgal described, could very well mean that your medication is working. This is a good thing, but I must reiterate what tgal said..do not rely heavily upon the test results as they, alone, do not confirm or dismiss any disease or disease activity.
    For some, when symptoms subside, they achieve a state of remission and no longer have to take medications. However, for many of us, negative tests and minimized symptoms are due only to our medications and symptoms do return if medications are ceased. You may find that you are able to reduce some of your meds after a period of time. But, it is just as possible that you will remain on your medications, as prescribed, and that by doing so, your tests are negative and your symptoms are reduced.
    There is nothing written in stone about this disease, so it is best that you do not become stressed over the ever changing nature of the disease!
    I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!